Walleyes are coming in to Quinte in huge numbers.

DT10Sam

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted on this board and thought that I would come on and only post some fishing reports and keep all of you up to date as to what is happening in the Quinte area. The walleye fishing is doing extremely well for those that know how to fish for them.

I would like to thank all of you that have sent emails and I have answered all of them. I am winterizing my boat presently and will be putting it away. I will be out on the water on a regular basis as there have been many in the store that would like to go out on the Bay of Quinte and try their luck. I have offered to go out with them and help them get some of the huge walleyes that migrate into the area.

Another interesting note is that many of you like to use the Mann's Stretch 20+ and usually in the colours of Dr. Death and Blueberry Muffin etc. These lures are no longer available from the manufacturer, it seems that the numbers that they produce are small in comparison to other lures they manufacture and those lures were a small market strictly for the Bay of Quinte. Ironically I ran Dr. Death this past Saturday and Sunday and had no luck with it. It is definitely a good producing lure and I will not retire it as of yet. The lures that we caught our walleye on were Reef Runners and Tail Dancers TD11's in many different colours (no there is not a secret colour). I will be out on the bay a few more times during the month of November whenever I am not bow hunting and I will be pleased to post results and where they were caught.

For all of you that are coming up for your get together feel confident that the walleyes will be here, we marked huge pods on the weekend at the Gap and all of our walleye were caught west of the Glenora Ferry and not east of it...........so there are plenty of walleye in the Picton area already and the aggressive ones are being caught and some are extremely hard to coax to take your bait if you do not know how to fish for them.

Here is a decent size walleye caught on Saturday of course it does look average size when it is held up against a small guy like me

Sab01.jpg

I look forward to seeing most of you in the next couple of months.

Kind regards,

Sam

Thanks guys,

I now know that Sheldon was holding out on me not telling me the weight I stated it was 10 lbs and I was wrong again. This past weekend I spent it with Sheldon who is extremely knowledgeable in the walleye industry and my main focus was to learn how to read sonars/fish finders etc. Guess what I knew absolutely nothing......(you know I was the guy that thought he knew how to read fish finders....WRONG) Sheldon's help was huge in this area and I know that we will cross paths on many occassion out there on the Bay of Quinte.

Regards,

Sam

Thanks Sam for the update,Dont be shy and keep them comming.A couple of us will be up this weekend to give it a shot.If We can find the time we will try to make out to see you and if its not this weekend it will be for sure the GTG weekend.

Lookig forward to seeing you again.

Dan

Hey Sam nice fish! You cant go wrong being out with Sheldon. We were the guys in the Alumacraft that Sheldon was talking to on several passes. We we can are down there for the weekend Friday to Sunday so if we can find the time we will try and come in and visit. Hopefully can get them to go! Thanks for the report and sharing.

Don

Hey Sam nice fish! You cant go wrong being out with Sheldon. We were the guys in the Alumacraft that Sheldon was talking to on several passes. We we can are down there for the weekend Friday to Sunday so if we can find the time we will try and come in and visit. Hopefully can get them to go! Thanks for the report and sharing.

Don

Hi Don,

Yes I was aware of you fishing there and I probably won't be around much this weekend or on the Bay. I will probably be in the woods checking to see if there is any activity from the bucks in the area. All I have been spotting are does and fawns. My feelings are leave the women and kids alone and go for Big Daddy Buck, so I will be searching the woods and then probably next week I might sneak out on the Bay again.

I did learn a ton from Sheldon on the sonar readings, I now am able to distinguish between sheep heads and walleye on the screen and steer clear of them. What I did like about Sheldon was that he is a Reef Runner man and knows how great those baits work. That is what I caught mine on and the others were also caught on the reef runners. Sheldon is a great person to share information with and it will certainly come in handy down the road.

Regards,

Sam

Hi Don,

Yes I was aware of you fishing there and I probably won't be around much this weekend or on the Bay. I will probably be in the woods checking to see if there is any activity from the bucks in the area. All I have been spotting are does and fawns. My feelings are leave the women and kids alone and go for Big Daddy Buck, so I will be searching the woods and then probably next week I might sneak out on the Bay again.

I did learn a ton from Sheldon on the sonar readings, I now am able to distinguish between sheep heads and walleye on the screen and steer clear of them. What I did like about Sheldon was that he is a Reef Runner man and knows how great those baits work. That is what I caught mine on and the others were also caught on the reef runners. Sheldon is a great person to share information with and it will certainly come in handy down the road.

Regards,

Sam

Once you actually understand what you are seeing on the sonar you give your head a shake and say to yourself " Now I get it " it does help to have a colour screen. And once you go out with Sheldon and he shows you what to look for you really appreciate the education you recieve.