Through rain, sleet and snow...

Bly

I am standing in muck in about 2 ft of water and one foot is stuck...just as the fish breaks the surface, I begin to lose my balance....I have 2 choices, continue to fall backwards or try to go forward, land on my knees and stay at least somewhat upright........option 2 proved to be a good choice. There I am, on my knees, waist deep in the water and a trout on the end of the line trying to break free. Managed to keep tension on the fish while working my way back on my knees to the shore.

carole1-4.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that,but funny story telling,thanx for the chuckle

and great catch... gotta love them steelheads :thumbsup_anim:

Streamerguy

Edited by Streamerguy

consider yourself lucky Cliff - many a man would have a tear of happiness brought to their eye if they came home to find their wife's FISHING waders in the shower! I know I would - especially if my wife was still in-em! :whistling:

Thanks for the report Bly - great read and photos!

Cheers,

Ryan

too true... too true... LOL :whistling:

Thanks Glen :) We will see how "tough" I am when I have my first hook buried in my finger past the barb!

Been there... done that.... With our little hooks, it isn't so bad. Here's the technique:

1) if possible place hooked digit in river until pain from cold exceeds pain from hook

2) during digit submersion if you have any old kleenex or Tim Horton's napkins in your pocket, have them handy

3) using forceps or needlenose pliers, firmly (firmly, mind... not too loose) pinch hook where it bends

4) pull very quickly, really fast fast fast.

5) apply napkin or kleenex (or band aid, if you're that smart)

Note: if quikfish hook and not no 12 steelhead hook, god luv ya! Either upgrade material in steps 2 and 5 to gauze - or disregard entire procedure and go to the Hospital... yikes! :dunno:

p.-

Edited by Paulus

Sweet! I know where you were :) I almost headed out that way, as I started my day close to there, but decided otherwise. It's nice to get them on a kwik fish. Didn't you wear your waders?

p.-

I was wearing waders but out of laziness, they were only hip waders. My chest waders have a leak that I have been too lazy to deal with. Guess I can find that leak while I am waiting for the others to dry out :whistling:

Thanks for the hook removal tips! Excellent idea of holding underwater til numb, much less painful then the 5 shots it can take to numb one finger!

Beautiful fish Carole.

That surf sure looks nasty.

Glad you pulled yourself out of that mud and to safety, I've heard horror stories about rivers and waders.

We used to use kwikfish all the time for salmon and they just love them, good lure change choice.

Joey

Nice fish carole !!!! :whistling::clapping: well done,and you had to know it was going to happen sometime,everyone who has ever wore wadders,for a few years has went for a little dunking !!!! you did it better than me,i went in head first one time after tripping on a root,along a creek bank with a drop of about 4 ft right into a trout hole where 5 or so people were fishing !!!! :blink::huh::w00t: so much for the peace & quiet till i got there !!! but good going girl...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: