ATV Plow modification NF

Bernie

Haven't seen to much stuff on ATV's in here before but I imagine there must be a few out there that have them. Some may also have plows attached. Last winter while plowing out the yard and getting on and off the machine to angle the blade I thought there must be a better way. So on a Saturday I started at it. Years ago when Charlie and Fred Johnson sold their marine business in Pefferlaw they brought my dad up a truck load of stuff from around their shop. In it there was an accessory power tilt assembly off of a 1968 OMC outboard. It was on a shelf upstairs in a box-brand new. So i dug it out and set to work.A little bit of modification, welding and perseverance and by supper time it was ready to go. Power tilt on my plow to angle the blade. It works really good and lots of people who see it want me to make them one. Trouble is there is only one more in a box and my next plow will need one. It doesn't have the power to angle with a snow load sitting still but it does when moving. I even used the original tilt control button.

Picture021.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

It's always neat to see what the mind can come up with, and that is one good idea. No that you have it working properly let me suggest a cabin for the machine. You'll most likely have to remove the windshield

( I had to on my Yamaha ) but I guarantee you the difference in comfort while plowing is amazing.

Their easy to mount and remove ( I have mine on with 4 bolts )

quadcab.jpg

Edited by Garyv

Yep Garyv I wouldn't mind having one but it makes it difficult to drive around on the streets here. I also use it to push no start vehicles into the service bays. We are fortunate to be able to use them on roads up here. Cheap on fuel and easy to park. :D

Hello Lew. Thank you everyone. It did turn out OK. It had a real good workout last winter and held up. So far this winter only used it a couple times. On the bottom of the blade I added a thick piece of rubber instead of those spacer feet on either end. They were always getting caught on stuff or coming loose and falling off. The rubber just slides overtop of uneven surface and acts like a big squeege mop. So the plow, frame and ATV dont have to absorb near as much punishment.

Edited by Nipissing