2 cycle oil- how much do you guys pay?

bassfighter

Any idea where to buy good deal 2 cycle oil in the Toronto area?

Are Canadian tire or Walmart brand as good as Evinrude, or Pennzoil or Valvoline brand?

How much are you guys paying for a quart or gallon?

I ponder on this site in the US. and they seemed to have decent price, almost US$3 per quart, however shipping might be a killer.

Edited by bassfighter

Careful with your engine oils. They are not all made equal. Some are designed for specific applications. 2 stroke oils are now designed to burn to reduce emissions. Those oils that do not burn well can leave residues on rings and cylinder walls. Have seen the results of cheap oils in my shop.

don't own anything with a 2-smoke other than a weed eater these days, but when i was running 2stroke sleds i had some great results with amsoil interceptor oil, I bought a litre at CT for around $12.00 last winter for an old sled, but with the newer engine technology i would stick with oem oils.

In answer to your question though CT oil is made by imperial (esso) nothing wrong with using it, I can't vouch for wallymart oil don't kknow the standards for that.

but i have seen 1 gallon jugs of dino oil for under 20 bux and synthetic for around 45 a gallon

Edited by ecmilley

Eh! In general oil isn't equal.... here's a secret...

Shell Oil is also Quaker State and Pennzoil, based out of in Texas.... my sales rep has a Shell Jacket on a Pennzoil shirt and a Quaker hat on his head when he walks through my door.

as for Oil ... if past warranty use a well priced "BRANDED"... TCW3 rated 2 stroke oil ...

Castrol Super 2 stroke 500ml is 3.49$ at my shop...not available in 946ml.

Pennzoil 946ml..4.99/ L

Evinrude XD50/ gal ...34.99 XD100...44.95

Amzoil Fully Synthetic...Injection Oil....7.29/L... 28.99/ gal

Royal Purple......8.99 /L..........34.99/gal

should be about the same ...everywhere

Oil Prices do fluctuate with the barrel price.

Happy Mixing..

:Gonefishing: :Gonefishing:

Here's my results after a year on the BPS TCW3 they put on sale for under $10 a jug.

Anyone want it????

After a season of limited hours I checked my plugs and have never seen as much crud. I'll be using merc oil next year for sure

I run the merc quicksilver oil in mine, always have, always will. Last time I bought a jug it was 40 bucks for 4 litres. Sure, its expensive, but I really think it makes a difference. If I run out and use cheap oil, I can really notice a difference in how smooth my engine runs, and how well it idles down at a troll.

Sinker

Thanks for all feedback. I will try to buy from this http://www.oil-store.com/ site and get it shipped to my New york friend who is by chance coming to see me in two weeks time. Shipping within US cost another $1 for each quart.

I got lucky 6 years ago when someone sold me 30 Valvoline 2 cycle oil for $2 per quart at a close out price due to the plastic bottles being deformed, after 6 years of using them, I am about to run out of them by end of this season.

I just do not understand why shipping anything to Canada is still expensive when our currency is almost at par. while shipping within US cost hardly anything.