WOW Bought a BUCK Knife for half price

holdfast

I've noticed that most of the people that fuss about Chinese made stuff are the folks that are buying it... and if they wouldn't buy it, there wouldn't be a market for it!

If you want to or think you're saving a dollar or two, that's fine! Just don't fuss about it!

Here in the U.S everything has the country of origin printed or stamped on it so you can see it before you buy it. If the country of origin isn't printed on something you're thinking about buying... take a wild guess as to where it was made, especially if the price is low.

China is the worlds machine shop, get used to it! They do make a lot of lower grade stuff, but it's not as bad as some of the stuff made in Afganistan or India!

China also makes some decent grade stuff. Chinese firearms can be a good deal if you know what to look for.

Thing to watch these days.

Made in China means, made by others specs( american/canadian whom ever)

Those that are marked or stamped,made by China,these products are made much better and to perfection.

Dont believe,do your research. I have it first hand,and am very impressed by some of the quality I have been shown.

Edited by misfish

Once all our domestic manufactures sell everything off to China so nothing is longer made here and nobody has any jobs to purchase any of the junk that comes from China, then what.

Then our transformation to third world country will be complete.

Our standard of living will be nil, we will be working for peanuts, and countries will be sending work here as we are now the cheapest labour in the world. Then the circle will start all over again.

I loose sleep over this crap.

Jim

Once all our domestic manufactures sell everything off to China so nothing is longer made here and nobody has any jobs to purchase any of the junk that comes from China, then what.

Not everyone can have a job that requires the saying "sir do you want fries with that" :)

We become 3rd world nation and it will be China's turn to send emergency supplies to keep us barely alive. China will send journalists and their camera crews to film how abject we have become. Chinese people will offer to adopt our kids. Pigs and chickens will be household pets.

I've noticed that most of the people that fuss about Chinese made stuff are the folks that are buying it... and if they wouldn't buy it, there wouldn't be a market for it!

Like I said, the MADE IN CHINA inscription was hidden in the Packaging. Yup it fooled me. I thought I was buying a BUCK made in the USA. If I knew it was made in China, I wouldnt of bought it. For me, A BUCK KNIFE, is like owning a MITCHELL 300 made in France- a collecters Item. So Im a snob, but really- I have enough Chinese stuff including a cheap Rapala hunting Knife that Im not afraid of losing which I always use.

Also keep in mind that made in USA does not necessarily mean made as the parts could come from overseas and only assembled in the USA. It has only been what 20-30 years since the only durable products from China were crude cast iron parts and look how fast technology has progressed. India is now beginning to produce fair cast iron castings so what's next? Woods used to be a Canadian made product and now my dining tent is made in Bangladesh!

Simple rules of geo politics. As the sun set on the British Empire, the American economic empire took her place. Uncle Sam is now a failing old man soon to be replaced by China as the driving force in the world. If we have any resources 60 years from now, maybe Canada will get a kick at the can. Not :P

Wait for it as China is going to get theirs!!!!!!!! With the cost of fuel their cheap stuff will go up in price, the Dollar store is now the Tooney store.

Actually, a lot of your high end giftware, gardening and Xmas goods are Chinese made. If the wholesale cost of some trinket was $1, the profit margin is set at 100%, then the shipping and duties are factored in at 300-400% over cost (Lower if you bought in bulk). How else do you think C.T can retail a rod and reel at $29.99 and then clear it at $12.99

That $1.99 birdie for your Xmas tree had a wholesale price of $.40, then it got marked up.

China is not going to get theirs, we just keep paying the added difference.

As are many ingredients in our processed food nowadays. Poisons that are banned in N America are still used in China and imported and accepted here thanks to our lousy food inspection agency. Farmed fish in China have levels of banned poisons in them too.

As are many ingredients in our processed food nowadays. Poisons that are banned in N America are still used in China and imported and accepted here thanks to our lousy food inspection agency. Farmed fish in China have levels of banned poisons in them too.

But we keep listening to the same whining. There 's not enough profit in running food processing plants/canneries in Canada. We buy foreign produce because Canadian farmers charge too much. Fact is a farmer receives a lower wholesale price for much of his fresh produce than 20 years ago, yet you pay more in the store.

Either buy Canadian made and pay the price, or buy cheap offshore goods and pay the consequence. Don't wait too long. There might not be too many famers left in 5 years.

Yes John besides a few million cars, Auto + one product

I'm not sure many those electronics thingies (phones, entertainment, cams) aren't manufactured in Korea and branded with Japanese company names.

JF

Just keeping you on your toes

no offence, but no body is begging you to buy chinese made goods, if you do not feel comfortable to buy anything made in china.

you can go buy all the stuff you use in some high-end store. why bother go C.T or wal-mart to buy stuff?

Ya so the steelies have started to come in with this rain an dropping temps ......BAAAHHHH Sorry, just thought I would throw a wrench into this post....Everbody has there own opinions on China made goods .... buy them or not its your choice !!! I like money in my pocket , so typically things with less moving parts with less chance to fail , I will buy made in China product, and I always buy it from a store or manufacturer with good warranty, LOL !!

Came across something in my readings that I thought would fit this post...

"How symbolic that Chinese astronauts should take a spacewalk while the U.S Treasury Secretary is on his knees"

~ John Gray, Professor of European Thought at the London School of Economics