Haliburton Hijinks!

bucktail

Spent the weekend up at my Buddies cottage in Haliburton.

Awesome weather and the fishing was just as good.

Pulled in Thursday afternoon to a new lake i have never seen before. The weather was awesome 23 dgrees and sunny with no wind at all!

gallery_221_42_20751.jpg

Motoring across a deep flat between a weedbed and the lake basin I started to mark a few good hooks in 20 feet of water.

After buying a new Loomis dropshot rod and picking Mark Kulik's brain i decided to break it out and see what i could do.

Fished the dropshot on a 1/2 ounce weight and a stndup hook with a 5" Berkley wacky worm in watermellon.

The first drop I hooked this on ........... right around the 4 pound mark.

gallery_221_42_23334.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photos as I was by myself.

The next 2 drops down are rewarded with the smallest two fish, a largemouth and a smallie both about 2.5 pounds.

gallery_221_42_12684.jpg

Over the next hour I land 12 bass between 2.5 and 5 pounds all on the dropshot outfit! With probably a 4 pound average.......best hour I have had in years!

I left the spot with smallies still pursuing there hooked brothers as to save if for the next day.

Of course the next day they had moved but my buddie did lose a 5.5 at the side of the boat.

Now I have the confidence in my dropshotting to fish it more often in the future.

Darren

Edited by bucktail

Drop shoting smallies is awesome !!! nice catch man :whistling::clapping: ,some real nice fish !!!...and you got the info from the best drop shot guy in the world mark kulik !!! :worthy::worthy: my bud & i have been doing it all summer long for eyes,and smallies and we have had great luck,they really seem to like the drop shot rigs for sure,thanks for sharing!!!...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: