What a ho!!!

silvio

Spent the day with JDMLS and we had a riot lots of laughs. Managed a few boots but this one caught me off guard. On a side note seems like the main pushes are over with little spirits coming in now. We were fishing extremely close to the lake so there were know white tail half dead spotted salmon around. Also BBNOTTY has gone in for surgery on his back wish him good luck and hopefully a fast recover so we can start cranking steel. thank JDMLS for landing my fish pretty sure my heart stopped a few times lol. good times good laughs .

Just another fat hen

dirtyboot.jpg

And the one that went nuts on me look at this ho... thing is so fresh. (ps the fish was caught in the pool below the rapids we just landed the fish there.)

chromeho.jpg

Guest chopchop

They sure do fight like hell...both in the creeks and out on the lake. It's a shame they are not as prevalent as they used to be. Big numbers were great for offshore guys as well as the floaters on the creeks as Coho runs did not peak until after the chinny's were done...once again great fish!!

Ah my favourite spot for late fall 'hos ... thanks for not photoshopping ... I would have thought it is still a bit early ... but ... obviously I was wrong .... nice job for sure and good to se they are still coming 'home' even though (I believe) the stocking of them has pretty much all but stopped in that trib.

Ya that was a sweet Ho !!! Good times, man ...can't wait for the steel..Those boots beat up enough of my gear this season already...Oh ya and every time I have been down there this year , Me and the guys I went down with were the only legit fisherman down there, surrounded by immigrants with baseball bats and downrigger nets...So If you don't know of this spot already than clearly you have to get out more !!

LET THE BOOTS LIVE ANOTHER DAY...OR TWO , LOL !!!

Anyone have the stocking info for coho salmon for ontario.

The fall of 2007 would have been the last run from MNR stocked fish. Metro East Anglers did collect eggs from the 2007 run for stocking, so hopefully we can get some better runs in the future. We do hope to collect eggs this year as well.

The lack of a fin clipping does not indicate that it is not a stocked fish. 2008 is the first year that all stocked fish are being fin clipped. I am not aware of any coho's being clipped in previous years. In past years, the Chinooks involved in pen rearing projects were clipped. However, the majority or Chinooks stocked in previous years were unclipped.

Your fish may have been been a stray from the U.S. (who still stock cohos), an Ontario stocked fish that spent an extra year in the lake, or a naturally reproduced fish.

I believe that all Ontario stocking was in the Credit; however, I am not sure about that.