What Do You Do With Extra Fishing Line

MCTFisher9120

When i get fishing line i almost always purchase a 300 yard spool of it, and this will do about 2 reels with 20+yards of line left over. I think next year i am going to get a 1000yard spool of fishing line, but what do you do with the extra line i have right now?

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Lots of great suggestions, but do you really want to purchase 1000 yards of line?

I would never buy bulk like that unless I had 20 rods to spool and they all were used often. Also different lines for different applications, for example bass fishing in the slop and tubin for smallies require two different lines.

Id suggest maybe a couple different tests in smaller packages?

I agree with Kemper. 1000yrds or line kinda gives you one option. I have 10 or 12 carp/match set-ups which covers every situation, if I were to buy 1000yrds, than I only covering one situation. Same with my bass, pike, muskie and walleye gear. Different line for different situations.

Hope this helps,

Daniel

I've bought 2 large spools of Power Pro. 40lb for my baitcasters & 20lb for my spinners. In the long run it's a lot cheaper buying in bulk. These 1500' spools cost app. $110-120 bucks on eBay, but be very weary of knock off product.

The store that I've been using on eBay for years is called HarleeRod.

Good luck

Ever thought of finding a tackle store that sells bulk line, and spools up exactly the amout you need . . . . nothing wasted here? Out east . . . Gagnon's in Oshawa, & Tightlines in Pickering . . . . west . . Fishing Depot out near the airport (Ronson Drive) Hamilton . . Fishing World to name a few. Costs about the same, and nicely & evenly put on your reel.