terrible TERRIBLE drivers !!!!!!!!!!!!! ......(NF)

lew

Guest Trophymuskie

too much Nascar IMO! yes you cna drive...

fast but you cna drive... thats better then the idiots who are afraid, they cause the accidents

Responsible Nascar LOL I have cruse control for a reason, lock her at 15 Over. It saves me some $$ and points.

BTW you never saw Nascar as I drive conservativly with others in my vehicule.

Cruise control and freezing rain....that'll come back to bite you in the @$$ one of these days....LOL

Along with a couple of the statements I read above, the first thing they usually say after they end up in the ruhbarb is...."I didn't think that"...ya. You can't fault road conditions, only drivers that are unwilling or too stubborn to conform to weather conditions because they think they are gods gift to a steering wheel. Drive like a Villeneuve and sooner or later you'll end up like one, either in a crash or dead.

Guest Trophymuskie

Cruise control and freezing rain....that'll come back to bite you in the @$$ one of these days....LOL

That's part of knowing how to drive, even with slush cruise control is not recommended even with traction control. With a day like yesterday there was no worries about speeding, well not always I did pass a few cops.

Another rule of winter is to lay off the brakes, even if you're sideways you can recover by steering in the right direction and let the vehicle do the work. Been there done that. Brakes will only make you lose control.

Hey all just be glad that you're not me. I do 2 round trips from London to Vaughan Monday to Friday. Just cause I have 18 wheels doesn't mean I have 18 brakes! Here's my theory... The more bad winter driving days we get, the fewer bad winter drivers we'll have next time around. (thin their numbers!) Please don't cut in front of Big trucks and slam on the brakes.

I think it was the CAA that did a poll last year about car drivers driving around trucks and the results stated that car drivers #1 concern was being rear ended by a truck on the highway. Well duh, don't cut in front of us. The safest place is behind us because it takes us a lot longer to stop than cars and if you were back there you'd be stopped long before us. Yes there are some bad truck drivers out there but they are the minority. No we're not all on speed etc. we're one of the few professions in Canada that is subject to drug testing, and we are the most regulated industry on the continent.

My rant for the week

jjcanoe

It`s hard for most people to use their driving skills when they are talking on a cell phone, eating breakfast on the way to work, putting on makeup in the car, reading the newspaper. Just heavy rain here Monday and accidents all over, closer you get to the city the worse it gets.

Even though I am sick if the weathers bad I drive, with the dear wife behind the wheel I would have to be crazy.

I get a kick of idiot drivers that think they're getting somewhere fast. I used to have this moron go flying past me every single morning on my 1 hour commute. Passing on double lines, approaching hills, even with oncoming traffic, etc. By the time I'd get to the city, there he would be, about 6 cars ahead of me at the traffic lights. One icy morning, as usual he passed me as if I was standing still. A few kilometers up the road, there he was, planted way down in the bottom of the ditch. We pulled over, and he yelled up from the ditch, "can you guys call for assistance". The guy I was with says, "No, you're right where you belong, people are a little bit safer". We jumped back in the car and took off, leaving him there. The kicker is....even after this incident, I would still see him every single morning, still flying down the road at breakneck speed.....all so he could get to the city 2 minutes faster. Some idiots just don't ever learn.

lew.. maybe you can do a future rant about merging onto the highway.. if you want an example just get on the westbound gardiner at the start (lakeshore and carlaw) at around 5pm.. watch how many douches ride out that right lane until the last possible second and then get all pissy when you dont slam the brakes to let them in..

Your not kidding Lew!

As a brand new driver (were talking having the G2 for 2 weeks here) I was out in the snow and crap the other day and would like to say that 99 percent of the drivers on the road right now need to go straight back to driving school and do the 35 hours that I just did. Ubelievable some of the things that I never noticed untill I did the driving school, and how they can be really dangerous.

Seems strange to me that a 17 year old kid can keep a car on the road when these so called "experianced" drivers are in the ditch.

You make a good point Kemper,but dont get over confident.

Good for you, to take the 'course,but that only makes you aware of situations.Each journey out should be a learning experience,and,you should be learning for a long time.