A Lake Erie - Ontario report FINALY!!!

LeXXington

Well after lots of stuff going on this summer and the weather not helping me I finally got out fishing.

First stop was Lake O for some Salmon action, lots of hooks but very little action it was just one of those days, but oooohhh to be on the water,. Dog was in heaven again

Around 10:am I decided to change up the baits again too see if it makes a difference and this was attached to the fly, swimming behind the boat for no idea how long :)

I normaly change up every 30 min so somewhere between it hit and was swimming with us :)

Aug22-27002Large.jpg

Then a weekend of family stuff again then off too lake Erie for some Walleye action, I headed out around 6:30 pm just too see if I could pick one up as the lake looked just a little bumpy

It was none stop, from the time I got too the right depth till the sun set and I came in, WOW is all I can say. I lost about 4 as they were missing the hook or while reeling them in they got off.

I did manage 2 in the boat.

Aug22-27025Medium.jpg

Aug22-27033Medium.jpg

Then Tuesday am, was out again, It was typical lake Erie calm close to shore, 4 foot rollers out.. Winds were too be 10k, after about 2 hours I figured 25k then the coast guard said wind warning LOL.. Poor dog was green

I did manage 1 and lost a few unfortunately this one had some ugly growth and I know you can cut it out and eat but I figured the little guy had gone this long with it so over the side he/she went :)

Aug22-27035Medium.jpg

All in All it was so nice to get out and report something ANYTHING... :)

Great report Lexx. That first little shaker is a beaut, probably tasted wonderful too. It makes me laugh when that happens :clapping:

Sounds like Erie was happening for you too, nice pickerel there.

Joey

Edited by Joey

great repor Lexx. Nice walleye...and as for the salmon....hmmmmm....you lucky so and so...dont get those up here. LOLOLOL i took my mum and dad out trolling for lakers a couple weeks back...we also dragged a couple fish around the ;lake for half an hour before realising they were there...DOH!

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report and nice fish. Maybe that pickerel was healing from some battle scars from a Musk or even a net!!

Edited by Johnny Bass