Humminbird 787 c2i?

myst

I was in the market for a depth finder and after checking out the models at the local fishing shop I seemed to like this one the best. Does anyone have any experience with the model/brand and could you give me any advice? Thanks a bunch!

Here's the specs:

http://store.humminbird.com/sonar-gps-comb...60-1.html#specs

Edited by fishguy777

i've got 2 humminbirds and for the $$, you can't beat them...

ore Wattage and dual beams and cheaper compared to a lowrance/eagle...

plus they are upgradeable (weathersense, cannon riggers, smartcast etc...)

personally, i'd go with an external gps though...

We have the 747C and added the external GPS, saved a bunch of $$$ by doing that. We also added a cheap chartplotter to the mix (Eagle Intelimap 500C) along with a Navionics Gold Map. For under $1000 we have a rockin setup that rivals the bigger all-in-ones.

I just upgraded from a 141c to the 597c Combo and LOVE IT...I don't have the coin for a nav. chip right now but it's on my wish list. The GPS is probably overkill for my overly-rigged personal pontoon, but aside from marking deep structure and saving the waypoints, I also use it to fine tune my trolling speed. The only down-side this unit would probably be the fact that it doesn't have dual beam, but it hasn't been an issue as of yet.

good luck with your graph hunt!

Cheers,

UF

Because an external GPS will enable you to mount the antenna somewhere on the boat that will not block its direct line of satellite communication, say a windshield, bimini top, etc....