Sunday Report *PICS*

steverowbotham

Well Kelli has hardly been fishing with me at all this year, and since we both had the day off, we decided to do some fishing. We slept in, which was tremendous, and got up around 10:30 (my first true sleep in day this summer!) we made a nice big breakfast and decided on fishing. We chose Horseshoe Lake near Minden. Never been there before but we figured we'd try it out. Theres a lot of current in the lake, and not many weeds. Lots of silt! I finally came to some narrows where the current was flowing pretty good and there was a hump where the weeds were folded over from the current. The smallies were sitting under the weeds and eating tubes! Lots of fish around 1- 1.5 pounds on that spot and one about 2.5 pounds.

n502843091_1344994_8359.jpg

Kept moving and saw a very light spot in the lake from a distance. Motored over to it and it was a big bed of THICK milfoil out on a hump in 10 feet of water. The only thick weeds in the whole lake. Kelli got a nice 3 pounder on a senko.

n502843091_1344993_7869.jpg

Found an island with a downed tree and Kelli got another tank on a senko.

n502843091_1344995_8697.jpg

Started fishing some docks in the evening and got a nice 1 3/4 pounder, and on the next dock lost a GIANT. The fish was 5+ but got my line caught up on the dock post and came unbuttoned. Ah well, good way to spend the day!!

Great report. Some nice sized smallies there.

My grandparents had a cottage on that lake and I grew up swimming and fishing it most of my childhood. Loved that lake, not many weeds which is great for swimming. We always caught a few perch and bass off the dock too.

Joey

Great Report. Seems like the girls have been catching some big largies this year! Always great to fish a new lake. Thanks for sharing.

Johnny Bass, I figured you may have fished it before. It's really close to Gull, and it was your Gull report that made me wanna try the Haliburtons.

Guest Johnny Bass
Johnny Bass, I figured you may have fished it before. It's really close to Gull, and it was your Gull report that made me wanna try the Haliburtons.

Cool. Gull lake is the only lake I have fished in the Haliburtons. Apparently that whole chain of lakes is great up there but the price of gas is discouraging me. You should do very well up there. Definitely worth a fall trip.