Bit of a bite to the air this morning.

limeyangler

Ok...every year , no matter what part of the world i find myself in, there is always 'that' morning when you go outside and notice a distinct chill to the air....this morning was that morning. I know that it can be chlly any morning.....but the feel to the air is different somehow...anybody else notice that too? Anyways....wont be long before i'm standing on the ice starin hopefully down an 8" hole (last year i was on the ice by December 1st...so only a few months now)...i know its a ways off but my mind is wandering off on an icy tangent this morning....and was just wondering who of the regulars on here are avid icefishers?

Yeah Reefrunner....i am gonna have to have a go at some Musky for the first time this autumn. I cant believe i had to leave South Haven Michigan 2 weeks ago...just before it becomes possible to catch salmon from the Pier there(according to a guy who was unenthusiastically throwing out a red and white Williams from there explaining it was way too early....lol....he needs to get a boat me thinks....)

Plenty of summer yet...30 degrees today with humidex in the mid to hih 30's

But that being said, I totally got that feeling the other day as well comming out of work in the evening...

Crisp, clean, comfortable air, and that crystal clear sky..not an ounze of haze in the air

I do love the fall, but I love summer as well.

I guess I'm niether excited nor sad LOL!

that fresh smell in the air is the big muskies getting ready to put on the feed bag...big pike, and the big sigh from all the people waiting for salmon snagging season to be over so they can get out there trout fishing :P:Gonefishing:

I too can't wait for hard water and this morning like you said was something in the air that just wasn't the same as days past..... over looking to the west in front of my house saw fog and barely could see the mountains...a sure sign that summer days are coming to an end and soon fall will set in.

Just can't believe how fast summer has gone by but still lots of fishing left to do.

Leechman

Leechman...lol..i knew you'd be an ice fishing freak like me...dunno why...just sensed it....lol...look forward to seeing your posts and swapping ideas etc...etc..

Limeyangler, last year I was out every weekend due to the mild winter temps we had and hopefully this year will get a repeat..... Looking forward to your reports also and did I mention that I make my own tipups!! When the time comes, will show you the ones I made last year B)

As it gets cooler and cooler, do the pike move into shallow waters again to feed or do they go down in much deeper holes and hunt there.

Just wondering what is the best way to catch a fall pike.

Shallow is where the bigguns will be. :thumbsup_anim:

They come close enough for shore anglers. Jerkbaits work well for me.

Shallow is where the bigguns will be. :thumbsup_anim:

They come close enough for shore anglers. Jerkbaits work well for me.

Ahh thanks Cliff.

Key word there is a shore anglers.

Have u gone salmon fishing yet??

Or you are still after the carp haha :whistling:

Cant stand winter, but the cool mornings makes me think of Salmon, Steelhead and Walleye (all shore fishing) in that order of when I'll target them!!

That poor boat is going to dry rot!!! :Gonefishing:

... you need to run those outboards on a regular basis to keep them in optimum performance yanno!!! :stretcher:

Fresh crisp cool air reminds me of Christmas Crappie!!!

Fishin12-26-07002.jpg

Edited by GCD