Another Canadian is crying

holdfast

They are young adults. The point here is how on earth did these guys get into Canada. If they went here as a refugee or what ever excuse, how come they are being schooled and working a store abroad. No doubt our taxes helped them to go back to their motherland. As far as using the Canadian Citizen excuse for the government to intervene think about it. There's probably hundreds of criminals with Canadian citizen papers out there ready to cost us financially. Use that money for the real Canadians that are overseas doing their duty for this Country. Another thing, except for the odd immigrant, how many do you really think would have the courage to take up arms for this country. Haven't come across any except the odd reservist but usually they're there only for the money. Immigration should go back to the way it used to be the way my Wifes parents came to this Country from Iraq.

1. Sponsored by the church or place of employment

2. Located to an area away from the Big City.

3. A job waiting for him

4. a trade that Canada needs

5. 5 years of no criminal convictions and occasional background checks from the RCMP

6. everyone in the family has to go to school to learn English

So if I move to Saudi I should :

Become Muslim

Force my wife to wear a burka and cover her hair

wear a dish dash

Have up to 4 wives as long as I can support them equally

get divorced by saying "I divorce you " 3 times

Squat down and pee in a hole in the ground instead of a normal toilet

Drive like a complete idiot all the time

not allow my wife to drive

Place all infants under the age of 3 on my lap while I drive

Never drink alcohol (but actually drink all the time just not in public place)

Never try to help someone who is dying because if I do and they die then I could be charged with murder

Maybe do a pilgramage to meccah

Dye my beard red because I have done so

Fear the religious police but not the municipal police (they are a joke)

Adhear to all Sharia law

Pretend that the country of Israel does not exist and black it out in every atlas or call it occupied Jerusalem or occupied Palestine

Be allowed to 'scourge or beat' my wife

just to name a very few

They went back to Saudi because their parents had a business there. THEY ARE NOT SAUDI NATIONALS!!!! THEY ARE PALESTINIAN CANADIANS. In case nobody told you, PALESTINIANS DON'T HAVE A HOME COUNTRY! Most live in Jordan as refugees while others occupy the west bank and gaza. A brief history lesson. Palestine was sold (just after WW2) by the Brits to the Jewish population and is now called Israel. I assume everyone knew that though. Maybe sold is a bit harsh. It was given. The palestinians living there at the time were told to take a hike.

I am not pro arab or anti Israel. I am just stating that Palestinians don't have their own country so they try their best to immigrate to another country to become citizens. For them to do this I am almost 100% sure that the kids parents would have probly put up $200000 to come here. People on OFC know that you can buy

your way into this country right?

Regarding quote 1 above...no just be prepared to accept the justice that is handed out to you if you break one of the taboo's. Don't cry because it was your decision to go there. I'm not advocating a beheading but I am advocating common sense when deciding to live in a foreign country.

Regarding quote 2 above... I simply blame the parents for going back. Is any money worth your life. Were you not satisfied in this case with Canada. To much emotion and not enough common sense is being brought in. I firmly believe in be prepared to suffer the consequence of your actions. As far as $200,000 to come here prove it. I have brought family and never spent over $5000....oh wait they paid while others jumped off a ship in B.C. promised to stay in plain site and vanished into the woodwork...no problem all is forgiven. What a traversity of our immigration system while others wait and pay some ( that don't deserve to ) get in for free.

Edited by Garyv

I find it funny (well, not really), that ppl start blaming/critizing this and that, yet do we actually know any details of the ppl involved in that incident at all?

As far as $200,000 to come here prove it

It's (or can be anyway) "investment immigration" I think?

I find it funny (well, not really), that ppl start blaming/critizing this and that, yet do we actually know any details of the ppl involved in that incident at all?

It's (or can be anyway) "investment immigration" I think?

Yes, often called investment immigration or business immigration. It is a fast track to immigrate here. You have to have a certain net worth and invest $200000 (or something like that). Speeds up the process 10 fold.

copied from an immigration site.

Investors and Entrepreneurs typically need to bring a minimum of

$250,000 with them to Canada. This money is meant to be invested in

Canada or to start a business there. It is common for several people

to put their money together so as to have over the $250,000 and this

money is used to get the first person into Canada as an Entrepreneur

or Investor. After a year, that money is sent out of Canada, and then

re-enters the country with another "entrepreneur". Using this method,

the very same money can be used to get several people into Canada over

several years.

Regarding your quote Gary

Regarding quote 1 above...no just be prepared to accept the justice that is handed out to you if you break one of the taboo's. Don't cry because it was your decision to go there. I'm not advocating a beheading but I am advocating common sense when deciding to live in a foreign country.

He was not yet an adult when they moved back. The death was certainly not meant to occur. It was manslaughter or a lesser form of murder. They too have different punishments for different crimes. You don't automatically get beheaded when you have committed a murder. you won't lose a hand for "stealing a loaf of bread" You won't get life in prison for smoking a joint.

We watch too much TV.

And yes, if my child killed another child in a fight because they were being bullied and then the government (i don't care which one) was going to chop my child's head off, I would cry. Put yourself in the situation.

Edited by Cudz

They went back to Saudi because their parents had a business there. THEY ARE NOT SAUDI NATIONALS!!!! THEY ARE PALESTINIAN CANADIANS. In case nobody told you, PALESTINIANS DON'T HAVE A HOME COUNTRY! Most live in Jordan as refugees while others occupy the west bank and gaza. A brief history lesson. Palestine was sold (just after WW2) by the Brits to the Jewish population and is now called Israel. I assume everyone knew that though. Maybe sold is a bit harsh. It was given. The palestinians living there at the time were told to take a hike.

I am not pro arab or anti Israel. I am just stating that Palestinians don't have their own country so they try their best to immigrate to another country to become citizens. For them to do this I am almost 100% sure that the kids parents would have probably put up $200000 to come here. People on OFC know that you can buy your way into this country right?

[/quotI

know too well what Palestinians are. No doubt many of them went back to Lebanon after the Israelis with drawled after their little skirmish last year. These Pathetic whiners were crying to our Government that the boat wasn't fast enough to save their sorry Butt holes. I got the History lesson years ago from my wife's Mom who is an Iraqi and her father who is a Palestinian that ended up in Iraq. I don't care who or what history lesson your trying to tell us but the fact is these waste of rations and Tax money is taking advantage of us. Of course they will get away because of too many bleeding hearts. There is a problem in this country and its called LOYALTY. Ask me what I think about Omar and his Friends.

Edited by holdfast

holdfast:

know too well what Palestinians are. No doubt many of them went back to Lebanon after the Israelis with drawled after their little skirmish last year. These Pathetic whiners were crying to our Government that the boat wasn't fast enough to save their sorry Butt holes. I got the History lesson years ago from my wife's Mom who is an Iraqi and her father who is a Palestinian that ended up in Iraq. I don't care who or what history lesson your trying to tell us but the fact is these waste of rations and Tax money is taking advantage of us. Of course they will get away because of too many bleeding hearts. There is a problem in this country and its called LOYALTY. Ask me what I think about Omar and his Friends.

You are allowed an opinion (great thing about being Canadian). I am not trying to teach any history recent lesson, just a post ww2 'How Israel became a country lesson. You need to learn the more recent stuff yourself (I am not getting into it, both sides have valid beefs). Might not want to use any western median as a tool. I have to assume you are Native Canadian and have no immigrant ancestors. Good for you. Sorry to hear that you appear blanket stereotype all Palestinian based on your vast experience with them.

Wasn't that show 'Little Mosque on the Prairie' from Sask?

Edited by Cudz

Personally i have no clue about immigration laws or Saudi law or details of this case, but i would think that 23 yr old and 18 yr old men would be considered men not boys or children.

I was 17 in last year of high school (no schoolyard or recess) most were thinking of living on their own.

uhmmmm... 2 poor kids (sigh)

these boys are

but these kids

I dont feel any responsibility to defend these kids

They are kids...and following their parents no doubt.

A 23 yr old is an adult.

Guest Johnny Bass

I ask. What makes a Canadian a Canadian? Should our Government speak out for those that were born here alone?

When Canada takes these people in, they are Canada's responsibility. I'm not saying that Canada should pay their legal bills or anything like that. But if there are Canadian citizen's that are imprisoned for no reason or given harsh sentences, it is up to the Canadian government (and every decent human being on the planet)to speak up.

These kids took another life. They must be punished. Was it a one punch accident, or was he beaten to a pulp? Did they start it? Was the person killed a known trouble maker or non-violent individual.These are some of the questions that should decide the severity of the punishment. I believe beheading in this case is not warranted. And I believe Canada should speak up to defend its citizens as would any other country.

i find this post very disturbing.....ok...arguments for and against...great......but would some people write what they have written if they knew the parents of these children would read this? i know that is highly unlikely...but some of the stuff on here is just plain COLD...imho.

I was born in Canada.....my biological parents were Danish and Nigerian....i was adopted by an English mother and a newly Canadian father (he was born in Cuba but grew up in Jamaica and Greneda in the carribean). We moved permanently to the UK when i was 7 years old in 1975. I have just returned to Canada after a 33 year absence....i have always held a Canadian passport...and so has my father...we both have dual citizenship as we became British Citizens also......are we both not still Canadians? Does it make a difference if we leave and come back? once Canadian not allowed to leave ? I know plenty of Canadian expats. Do you have to be born here to be Canadian?

Edited by limeyangler

These kids took another life.

but would some people write what they have written if they knew the parents of these children would read this?

A 23 year old and 18 year old aren't children. They are adults.

So if I move to Saudi I should :

Become Muslim

Force my wife to wear a burka and cover her hair

wear a dish dash

Have up to 4 wives as long as I can support them equally

get divorced by saying "I divorce you " 3 times

Squat down and pee in a hole in the ground instead of a normal toilet

Drive like a complete idiot all the time

not allow my wife to drive

Place all infants under the age of 3 on my lap while I drive

Never drink alcohol (but actually drink all the time just not in public place)

Never try to help someone who is dying because if I do and they die then I could be charged with murder

Maybe do a pilgramage to meccah

Dye my beard red because I have done so

Fear the religious police but not the municipal police (they are a joke)

Adhear to all Sharia law

Pretend that the country of Israel does not exist and black it out in every atlas or call it occupied Jerusalem or occupied Palestine

Be allowed to 'scourge or beat' my wife

just to name a very few

Sounds like you wouldn't be very happy there. Why would you ever consider the move?

JF

A 23 year old and 18 year old aren't children. They are adults.

They are still their parents 'children'. That is not to say the parents of the other person they alledgedly killed did not feel pain at their loss, and i'm not one to defend the rights of the guilty at the expense of the victim...to much of that happens today already.

Edited by limeyangler

And I believe Canada should speak up to defend its citizens as would any other country.

Exactly. These are Canadian citizens, by law, they have the same rights as you or me. It is our country's responsibility to defend its citizens, don't give no Bull about how you are more Canadian than they are.

For people to sit here and claim they are more 'Canadian' than they are is quite pathetic. We have a legal system, legally they are Canadian as any of us, so don't try to pretend you're superior cuz you were born here or you've been here a few years longer.

You know who the REAL Canadians are? NATIVES. Perhaps its an inconvenient truth. They are more Canadian than any of us will be, the original natives and inhabitants of this land.

Edited by Bass Killer