Oh look, it's raining in North bay

blarg

So, im curious has the weather in the rest of Ontario been as silly as it has been here this summer? At last count we had mayb4 days where it hasn't rained since the snow stopped, i don't mind a little rain, but this is getting ridiculous. When it's not just raining it's a torential downpour, and when it might not be raining it's usally windy as heck, we haven't seen 30 this year, which is abnormal, everyone at work says that i jinxed summer because i bought a boat <_< . This is my second summer here, so far Yellowknife was soo much better, if you could get through the 8 months of winter anyway, sigh.

Edited by blarg

For us with no boats and who do a lot of river fishing, this summer has been awful.

Water levels are usually high, murky lots of crap flowing around.

I don't remember last time where we had 2-3 sunny nice days in a row where it didn't rain.

... and y'alls point is? The fish don't care if it's raining or not... they're already wet! As a matter of fact, the low light conditions of cloudy/rainy weather is an excellent time for fishing Wall-ice and Crappie!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Go buy yourselves a hood set of Frogg Toggs and give those fish hell!!!

... at least you're not having a drought!

... and y'alls point is? The fish don't care if it's raining or not... they're already wet! As a matter of fact, the low light conditions of cloudy/rainy weather is an excellent time for fishing Wall-ice and Crappie!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Go buy yourselves a hood set of Frogg Toggs and give those fish hell!!!

... at least you're not having a drought!

GCD Very true.... this type of weather is the best for fishing any species....it's us that have to adapt to weather changing LOL

Last year was very dry at this time of year and all water ways were low.....not this year.....heck cricks are like rivers now :w00t: LOL

Leechman

well sure, its not going to hurt the fishing much, but there are other things to do as well, and not that im excited about it, but i've been trying to paint a fence for about 3 months now..the other thing is that virtually every day we have thunderstorm warnings, and id rather not be caught out in that if i can help it. Little showers are nothing, downpours are a bit less enjoyable, and then there's the lightning, mmmm lightning.

I hear y'all on the lightning, not safe at all to be on the water during an electrical storm...BUT! Typical Summertime thunder storms happen during the afternoon after the sun has heated the clouds.

If you can drag your butt out of bed and get on the water by first light, you can usually get in a few hours of good fishing without the worry of lightning... even if it is raining. This is also a good time to go on the weekends because the knuckleheaded jet skiers and water skiers are still passed out in bed. You'll most likely have the whole lake to yourself for a few hours. The lake or river has calmed down overnight from the boat traffic the day before and the fish are more willing to bite. Fishing in the afternoons is mediocre at best this time of year on crowded lakes.

Now about that rain, I would gladly trade the blistering hot and near drought conditions for a couple weeks of rainy weather with cooler temperatures... anybody wanna swap? ;)

Rain, Rain and HAIL here. I went out the second time this year to cover my Tundra from hail damage. I just did it again about 1 hour ago. In over 26 year living here I have NEVER had to do that before.

BTW my tomato plants have a LOT of tomatoes rotting from too much rain. They are just starting to get red and the bottoms are turning BLACK. Looks like NO homemade salsa this year :(

WHERE the hell is all the global warming Bull. All I ever see is global raining :(

Rain, Rain and HAIL here. I went out the second time this year to cover my Tundra from hail damage. I just did it again about 1 hour ago. In over 26 year living here I have NEVER had to do that before.

BTW my tomato plants have a LOT of tomatoes rotting from too much rain. They are just starting to get red and the bottoms are turning BLACK. Looks like NO homemade salsa this year :(

WHERE the hell is all the global warming Bull. All I ever see is global raining :(

Yeah, but all that rain is bringing the water levels back up in your beloved Great Lakes!.. be thankful!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Yeah, but all that rain is bringing the water levels back up in your beloved Great Lakes!.. be thankful!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

GCD, if you have ever been up here you know we will NEVER be short on water ;)

Some day everyone will head back here for our freshwater supply.

My quote of the summer has been...

"Almost time for our daily thunderstorm."

I rather enjoy having the lake to myself as soon as the weather turns spotty though. I usually start laughing at the weekend warriors as they cover their buckets and rush to shore at the sight of a cloud, or a bit of wind.

Edited by Rich