Scugog SMB

forrest

After a slow afternoon waiting for the evening to arrive and loosing 2 good fish shortly after the hook-set we finally hooked into a decent fish. While I was getting us into position with the trolling motor my buddy said "where is your bobber?" I felt a tug, set the hook but was confused for about 10 seconds and I reeled in and mistook his bobber for mine. I thought I hooked up his line. For 5 full seconds I was thinking? Why is he pulling so hard if we are snagged up?

On ultra-light tackle and 4lb test I had my hands full with this guy. He took one BIG vertical jump and at least 3 decent runs and I had acrobatically run to the front of the boat and around to keep him from getting hooked up on the motor and boat.

On the downside I failed to check my line before hooking into another smaller fish that promptly snapped my line after about 30 seconds.

The only other fished I bothered measuring was a 22+ inch SMB and this one....this one is 4lb 6oz. unknown length, notice the lack of arm stretch/optical illusion.

Edited by forrest

Nice smallie. Here's one my buddy "The Shipper" caught from Scugog a couple of years ago.

3877shipper19_25.jpg

Quite the radical difference in colours between them.

And you say "arm stretch/optical illusion" like it's a bad thing. I call it creative photography. :thumbsup_anim: