o-rings

blarg

My brother in law got the kit from BPS. A handy tube to roll them onto the Senko. I thought about making my own as I have several scrap tubes that size. The o-ring can be purchased at any hard ware store easily enough. Then I noticed that his didn't really last that much longer than mine, and I always had my lure in the water first. Needless to say, I haven't gotten around to doing it yet and probably won't. Altough it is a pretty slick set up. The other thing that gets me is all those rubber donounts (mmmm donouts) floting around when they do break off.

Try a small piece of heat shrink tubing! I buy the 3/8" diameter that shrinks to 3/16". Cut a small piece about 1/4" wide, slip it over your worm and heat with a Bic lighter for a tight durable fit! :Gonefishing:

You'll find it in the electrical section of Home Depot.

Edited by Greencoachdog

i want to try wacky rigging senkos, ive seen them done with little o-rings, i was wondering where id be likely to find some the right size, crappy tire maybe?

I tried the local CTC. Some nice guy behind the parts counter gave me (yup, gave) all he had (6) in the approximate sizes I needed. He suggested the plumbing dept but there was nothing there. The rings have to be a fairly tight fit or the fish will pull the worm out. I'm gonna try a supply shop that has all kinds of pneumatic and hydraulic fittings. They might have a better selection. Or if you know a place that stocks small engine carb parts they might have some. Look for something under a 1/4", 3/16" something like that with some stretch to it. Some don't have enough give and will just break if you try to stretch them.

JF

The kit at Bass pro is $5.99 included ring and slider tube, don't remember what the extra rings cost, or got to ebay for the exra rings, dime a dozen. The ones at ctc have a funky rubber smell to them, and they don't fit right.

Hope this helps,

Daniel

OCH

The tube+ring "kit" from BPS is $5.99 as other have already mentioned. The replacement 10-pack rings are $1.9x if i remember correctly.

oh forgot to mention... on Ebay it's $2 for 100 :) with my address shipping is only $2 flat, even if u order 200,300.