What Town Is This

Garyv

The beginning of June a buddy and I took a fishing trip north, to a somewhat remote area. I believe others that post here have also have been there so the question is where are we and what is the town's name....and this is all there is one store. I'll post the answer in a day or so unless someone gets it first.

june08triptown.jpg

Edited by Garyv

Been there. We launched a canoe trip years ago and went from Bisco up to near Chapleau by canoe. Great country. Portaging across the height of land there is no picnic though. The rivers dry up into wandering swamps for about 4 miles before you start to pick up the north flowing river. The road into bisco isn't really a road if I recall. Hard to believe anyone still lives there.

Bisco.......was there last year.....Izumi or somebody did a show on it this year.......road is fine....I'd drive a hybrid honda civic down it if that's all I owned. It's on a major road used for the lumber Industry and Bisco is a "resort" hamlet so the road is always in decent shape......now after a big rain storm it might be tough.....Roads past Kipiwa in Quebec were much worse, but improving as the logging keeps going to the new areas.....

Yep that be Bisco.

That stinkin' Sultan Road has me cursed. Every time I've travelled it (except for once) I've blown a tire.

I swear the rocks are sharper up there or something.

yea man, thats a rough road. i have travelled it many a time.

i drove my 88 jeep cherokee right into a HOLE on that road. it gets washed out pretty bad after serious storms.

i remember driving through numerous tropical storms late at night on that road also... :stretcher:

Good old bisco, Ive been goin there every summer for the last 20 years and the fishing is always awesome.The sultan road sure can be nasty sometimes but its well worth the drive. The pic in my avatar is a pic of bisco.

So now that we know where you were... what did you catch??? :Gonefishing:

Walleye and Pike...Weather was very rainy with a fair amount of cold and warm fronts. We got out every day some were better than others. One day great luck on black and silver 2 to 4" rapalas another red and white spinners. You had to keep switching lures to see what they wanted. Stayed at Ritchie's "End of Trail Lodge" now owned by a lady, Erin Drysdale (sp?) Did the plan where they provide the food and you make it yourself in your cabin when you want it. Both Paul and I really liked this plan. We didn't have to do any shopping or drag our food in, what they supplied was great, plenty of it and you didn't have to adhere to any schedule. We both would do it again anytime.

The Fishin Canada bunch did a show this year from Ritchies but we booked before we saw the show.

Edited by Garyv