Best Carp Hit Ever!

Rich

So I was tossing a spinner in attempts at catching trout today on the Mighty Lynn, and after a few chub hits I cast to the back of a hole and WHAM right on the surface, this huge fish hits it like a freight train, and the fight was on!

WOW I thought this must be the mother of all browns.. if this brown is as big as it feels, I'll be making the newspaper tonight!

Then up comes old bugle lips. Whoever thinks carp are just scavengers never saw this carp hit. He ANNIHILATED the spinner, not like when they usually just suck the spinner in, this one smacked it. Awesome to see.. though I am a little disappointed it wasn't a trout.

Still great. 4lb test plus fast current made this about a 20 minute fight!

DSC02043.jpg

DSC02042.jpg

DSC02044.jpg

If only my camera crew had accompanied me to catch that hit.

i think carp in current are a little more likely to hit a moving bait.. cuz they have to, otherwise the 'food' will be downstream in a hurry. still, getting one on a spinner is definately something different. i've caught a couple in the grand on lures as well, thinking i had a monster smallie on.

Like always, I make due with what I got. I only fished for less than an hour, still felt good to get a bend in the rod.

How's fishing been for you lately anyway?

You know how its been. :whistling:

Sinns is out fishing now while i am here. Told ya just not into it....MAYBE ITS AN ILLNESS OR SUMMIT? <_<

Edited by nautifish

i think carp in current are a little more likely to hit a moving bait.. cuz they have to, otherwise the 'food' will be downstream in a hurry. still, getting one on a spinner is definately something different. i've caught a couple in the grand on lures as well, thinking i had a monster smallie on.

Definitely agreed Raf, however most of the time they go and leisurely suck the bait in, either from the surface or below. This one actually came up and smacked on it sideways, similar to my topwater musky. That was what was so cool about it. Only seen a carp do this once before, when some mislead bugle lips smacked my buddy's buzzbait! (That was in a lake by the way)

I've seen carp smack jerkbaits or trolled crankbaits before so to think that they are only scavengers is narrow minded IMO. It does heavily depend on the waterbody though.

Similar scenario... I was tossing jigs on Quinte, fishin Eye's in a tournament and I tossed it right to the edge of a drop off and let it sink. As it was dropping, I saw a V wake blasting it's way to my jig. I thought for sure it was a Pike driving towards my jig... it hammered it! Six lb line and the fight was on... buddy is dripping with anticipation, holding the net, until old bugle lips (I like that name by the way!) shows it's hideous mug at the side of the boat! I'm somewhat surprised that my cursing has finally subsided! lol

HH

I had a doozy of a fight with one yesterday...he sounded my buzzer real good but when I shut off the "free spool" and lifted it was gone :( ...as I started to reel fast to avoid the rocks he must have came in with my bait and was still on...:D

Now he is trying to chase a house boat down the channel and is pulling drag real good...finally he swings around past the dreaded zebra encrusted rocks to the right and is headed to the dam but I got him turned around and heading in...Crappieperchhunter was at the ready with his foreceps to do the unhooking thing when he hollers at me..."you got him hooked near the tail" :oops: ...I guess when the hooked pulled out of its mouth I must have snagged him...anyways he got loose at the shoreline which saved us the bother of unhooking... :thumbsup_anim:

Talk about grabbing a tiger by the tail !!! ...Try pulling one in backwards :w00t:

Edited by Beans