Super Mad

Mike01

Just thought I would vent my frustrations!!

Had a few free hours last week so I thought I would get out on Nipissing and do some fishing. I was casting a small x-rap over some submerged rocks. It was a spot I hadn't tried before but I've driven by it a hundred times. No fish the first few minutes, then BANG. My rod just about fell out of my hands. The fish rocketed out of the water, then dove straight down. At this point my knees are shaking and I am trying to grab the net, while still fighting the fish. Anyways, the fish was right at the boat, I've got the net in the water....and the damn line breaks!!!!

I know, fish stories, fish stories. My PB smallmouth is 6.6lbs, and this fish was very close to that size, man was I ticked.

Just thought I would vent my frustrations!!

Had a few free hours last week so I thought I would get out on Nipissing and do some fishing. I was casting a small x-rap over some submerged rocks. It was a spot I hadn't tried before but I've driven by it a hundred times. No fish the first few minutes, then BANG. My rod just about fell out of my hands. The fish rocketed out of the water, then dove straight down. At this point my knees are shaking and I am trying to grab the net, while still fighting the fish. Anyways, the fish was right at the boat, I've got the net in the water....and the damn line breaks!!!!

I know, fish stories, fish stories. My PB smallmouth is 6.6lbs, and this fish was very close to that size, man was I ticked.

Well, I guess next time, you may handle things a bit different.

What type and lb test, were you running? :dunno:

Are you another one of those who was advocating 4lb line for bass? :lol:

Sorry to hear that man, but it happens to all of us at some point! It's times like those when you wish you never even saw the fish!

i hear ya man. Something like that happened to me yesterday as well.

Since i have gotten the boat i haven't had much luck finding the bass, yesterday I've finally hooked into 2 good sized ones and they both got away. One was easily 3-4 lbs as I saw her jump then spit my spinnerbait. Man was I disappointed.

O well, we know where they live now.