My new to me boat

nancur373

No Idea

There should be a capacity plate somewhere near the stern. You are legally required to have one so you should get one. What hp was on it prior to your getting it? Obviously 10 hp or greater. I'd guess upto 25 hp. Do you have the license for it? Otherwise, you have to get that too. The cops have checked me twice in the last two years. You can find all the info you need about licensing at the Service Canada website.

There should be a capacity plate somewhere near the stern. You are legally required to have one so you should get one. What hp was on it prior to your getting it? Obviously 10 hp or greater. I'd guess upto 25 hp. Do you have the license for it? Otherwise, you have to get that too. The cops have checked me twice in the last two years. You can find all the info you need about licensing at the Service Canada website.

Don't have the boaters card yet. But I'm running a 9.9 for now. It has a plywood transom and to tell you the truth I haven't lookd hard for the plate.

Congrats CURT she looks good better then the boat we used last time i bet she wont get wet like the other time we went out lol

Thinking about taking her to Belwood for the maiden. Should be a little better. May even be able to stand up to pee this time...LOL

Thinking about taking her to Belwood for the maiden. Should be a little better. May even be able to stand up to pee this time...LOL

Damn that takes me back to that trip lol

If i didn't hold onto that tree we so would have been in the lake lol.

I need to pick my boat up from the cottage soon and take you out on it.

So far my dad has put more hours on it then me.

That boat should be pretty good once cleaned up.

It's a Thornes aluminum, they are great for cutting through the water and waves for their size.

Had a 1961 12ft. Thornes that lasted me 27 yrs. before it leaked too much.(same boat in pics by Cudz)

If its a 15 fter you should be good for 25 hp for max. rating. Enjoy.

ehg

Edited by ehg

beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

and if it will server your needs, then she is beautiful

or put a bag over her face and go for it

I'd say that's a two bagger Terry... put one on your head in case hers falls off. She's definately seen better days and needs some work.

nice boat nancur373. I just bought my "new to me" boat 2 months ago so I TOTALLY know how you feel right now :). IT"S JUST AMAZING. I bet you can't wait to take her out.

When I first started out looking for a boat, I didn't care how it will look, I just simply needed something that floats and functional so I can be out on the lake to fish. I've been following your threads when you bought the motor and then the boat, that's a great deal. Ya it can defintely be pimped up but it will still do the job.

now get out there and lets see a report! If you need any help with the boat/trailer registration & pleasure craft licensing, let me know, I just did all of that for my boat.