How many rods do you have?

How many do you use for all types of fishing?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Amount of rods

• 1-3
    • 4-7
    • 8-11
    • 12-20
    • 20 and above

I wont post how many for fear my wife will see. I think you would be surprised how many some people actually do have. Including my fly fishing, salmon, trout, ocean, bass, walleye muskie, etc. I have acumullated a few over the years. ;)

I wont post how many for fear my wife will see. I think you would be surprised how many some people actually do have. Including my fly fishing, salmon, trout, ocean, bass, walleye muskie, etc. I have acumullated a few over the years. ;)

:clapping::wallbash::thumbsup_anim:

Still counting.I,ll get back to you on this one.LOL

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I would have to go into my fishing room and count them..... Also your poll makes no provision for rods that are in the mail having just been ordered but are not yet technically in ones possession.

Seriously I only have about 8 or so....

Did actually counting make anybody else laugh and shake your head?

And I still need more...

LOL

Each time I grab a rod,I say I can put this bait on it,then theres the other baits that need rods to go with.

It,s a never ending saga,

Ok, I just looked over at the rod holder,I got 27. Thats just my bass,n stuff. I got others tucked away for the fall and spring spieces.Oh, then theres the ice fishing thing that happens. Maybe another 8 for so.

Thank gawd there is no Ocean around here. Oh wait. I got 3 down riggers too.

Man I got to have a sale.LOL

Edited by misfish

Did actually counting make anybody else laugh and shake your head?

And I still need more...

NO laughing here I got a little ticked because looking reminded that I need two different types of rods that I CAN"T find anywhwere without compromising part of what I am looking for.... So now I am thinking screw it I will get into making my own but realize that would be a whole other nightmare LOL.

Lastly I just remembered that my holiest of holies is still sitting there with one eye where I punched out the ceramic. I need to get it fixed but it is my baby so bascially in all honesty anyone who fixes it is really putting their physical safety on the line because if anything bad happened to that particular rod I just could not be held responsible for how I would react. (which is why it is still sitting in the closet not fixed until I save up enough money for bail in case things go horribly wrong LOL)

Guest skeeter99

I have 29 baitcast outfits and 11 spinning outfits

2 trout rods

9 ice fishing rods

grand total= 51

when I finshed my basement I made a room totally dedicated to fishing gear so I have the room to store rods, tackle etc, my wife actually encourages me in this fishing thing which is not good when u have a problem like I do

it's like giving a alcoholic a beer!!!

and the worst part is she MADE ME actually FORCED ME to buy my last bass boat because she thought it looked hot and another 30 grand down the tube

Edited by skeeter99

Lastly I just remembered that my holiest of holies is still sitting there with one eye where I punched out the ceramic. I need to get it fixed but it is my baby so bascially in all honesty anyone who fixes it is really putting their physical safety on the line because if anything bad happened to that particular rod I just could not be held responsible for how I would react. (which is why it is still sitting in the closet not fixed until I save up enough money for bail in case things go horribly wrong LOL)

Spiel is yer man for that fix. Dont worry,Im sure he,s been smacked around a time or two.LOL

i think i have 7 muskie rods alone.. add the ice fishn, trout, bass, pike gear.. i ran outta fingers and toes.

when jp and i get in the boat, it's a floating tackle shop. :lol:

Edited by Raf

I have an ul spinning ,,,, 2 med spinning ,,, med heavy spinning ,,,,, med baitcasting ,, med heavy baitcasting,,, I have looked at so many more ,.... and today I almost got another but figured the downpayment on my house was a better option haha :thumbsup_anim: .. Normally in the boat ill always have 2 rods ... a casting and a spinning, action depending on the fish that i might get ahold of .. My rod stand does have a few extra spots open tho .... maybe a house warming present? :wallbash:

Spiel is yer man for that fix. Dont worry,Im sure he,s been smacked around a time or two.LOL

You realize of course Brian that if I screw up I won't be able to fix any of your rods. ;)

As for how many, I still don't have one for every application and I'm fixing on having two or three for every application so I best not mess with Canuck2fan's rod. :D

Right now I have three rods on the boat.

One set up for top water.

One set up with a pickerel rig.

One set up for trolling with a jig, ready to add gulp.

I have asked for a Bass Pro gift certificate for my birthday because I would like to have a second rod set up with a pickerel rig. Lord knows my fav spot eats gear!!!

But at least all I lose is the stuff at the end of the line....not like hubby who cast in and lost hold...opps there goes his fav 5' ultra light ugly stick hmmmmm.

He ordered that one up from the states so I am hoping that I will be able to get him another one at BassPro.

Amazing how much equipment some of you guys have!!!!! I am jealous

Truth be told I am more worried about it in transportation to the repair guy and back unless I drove it myself. Couriers and I have do not have a happy relationship..... to me fragile MEANS fragile. To them it seems to say drop kick the SNOT of it till it quits moving. LOL.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Lets not forget,with these rods comes reels. To me the reels are what really cost us.

Unless your like Terry,and use 15 year old line and the rods and reels match the line.LOL :w00t::w00t:

I know with that comment,I,ll be watching out for the hyper left turn with the electric. :oops::stretcher::wallbash::canadian:

Edited by misfish

I Just had to break the tie between 12-20 and over 20.

My wife and I each have our own rods ... different rods for different species.

I can rig my rods the way I want them and I can rig Patsy's rods the way she wants hers.

Works out nicely.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Cheaper to buy then repair.IMO.LOL

You tell me where I can get a NEW circa 1980 7ft Shimano BullWhip spinning rod and I would do just that LOL. I have looked on Ebay for years no luck on finding one.

However and this is a true story a friend of a friend who's sister's, uncle's, brother's, motherinlaws half cousion twice removed is reported to have one in a display case in their "sports room" that is not for sale because although they have never went "fishing" they sometime may find the time to see what all the fuss is about..... I thought it was a joke until the buddy who told me about seeing it clicked a picture with his camera phone just to drive me crazy.