AMATUER TOURNEYS

I've been wondering the same thing! I would love to enter a bass fishing derby but wouldn't be able to keep up with pro's lol. I tried to search for some but couldn't find what I was looking for. If any one knows any that would be awsome.

Join a local bass club for $60 generally. Then fish the club torunaments some are low key 10 boats or so some like the one I fished today are 20 plus boats. Usually the fees as a non boater are $40 or so to fish the tourny $50 as a non boater fee to the boater for gas and your good to go. Cant get much lower key then that where you can fish off a bass boat.

two sites

http://www.goldenhorseshoebassanglers.ca/phpBB2/index.php

and

http://www.bigfatbass.com/index.php

Edited by aniceguy

Nice guy has the best advice-trust me it can be a tough learning curve on your own-with a club its inexpensive and you can go as a non-boater-check out the Canadian Bass anglers federation or Downtown Bass anglers out of Oshawa-great bunch of guys more than willing to teach-pm me if you need more info-Mark

Guest skeeter99

you give them to much credit

i have fished 27 bass tournaments

I have 1 win

2 3rd's

and my worst tournament I finished 31 and the average tournament has about 80 boats

just this year in 2 tournaments I have a 18 and 23 place finish, and I only fish about 3 to 4 times a week and by no means a professional

the last tournament 2 guys who I did not even know with a 16 foot bassboat with a 115hp weighed in over 20 pounds to beat the **pros**

remember fishing is a individual sport and it is more mental tougness than you think you fish hard non stop for 8 hours, thinking every cast you will get a fish

and here is something to think about !!were do they go to eat after the day of fishing **MCDONALDS JUST LIKE YOU**

Edited by skeeter99

Guest Johnny Bass
Join a local bass club for $60 generally. Then fish the club torunaments some are low key 10 boats or so some like the one I fished today are 20 plus boats. Usually the fees as a non boater are $40 or so to fish the tourny $50 as a non boater fee to the boater for gas and your good to go. Cant get much lower key then that where you can fish off a bass boat.

two sites

http://www.goldenhorseshoebassanglers.ca/phpBB2/index.php

and

http://www.bigfatbass.com/index.php

Local bass club for $60? The local bass club here is over $300!! Is Big Fat Bass a bass club???

I am sceptical about joining a bass club, now that my partner is ill, but for $60?? Will definitely consider it! Any around Toronto(North York)?

I asked a few friends. Does anyone know the number of The Bass Pro shop bass club run by David Chong?

Edited by Johnny Bass

JB both of those sites have sections that list the local clubs....$300.00 I havent heard that one as of yet...

One other point to mention....most of the clubs are usually looking for non boaters to fish....getting on a boat with someone who knows what they are doing makes the curve easier....and to top it off can even put money in your pocket

Edited by aniceguy

Guest Johnny Bass
JB both of those sites have sections that list the local clubs....$300.00 I havent heard that one as of yet...

One other point to mention....most of the clubs are usually looking for non boaters to fish....getting on a boat with someone who knows what they are doing makes the curve easier....and to top it off can even put money in your pocket

Mega city bassmasters. Well over $300 for the first year and then $200 or so every following year.

Don't know what that includes.

I have a boat but I have no problems getting on someone else's boat. As long as they are not burning hundreds of dollars of gas on the boat a day........

I am getting all the information now. We will see what happens...

Does anyone know the number of The Bass Pro shop bass club run by David Chong?

check out cbaf.ca and you will find the BPS chapter info there. Yes, it is only $65.00 a year to join too. As a non-boater for the events myself it's a great deal when you look at at. I just with it was Aug 10th already... HAHA

Hey maybe we should have our own bass club the "OFC BASS CHAPTER" OFC WALLEYE CHAPTER OFC MUSKIE CHAPTER OFC SALMON CHAPTER why not,then once a month we have a meeting,and the meetings could be rotated around the "GTA" so that everyone has a chance to go !!!!!!....what do ya think ??????

Fishing against pros in big bass boats doesn't matter.

My buddy and I fished a tourney on Rice Lake back 3-4 years ago in his 16 ft, with a 30 HP and finished in the top 20.

we beat quite a few pros, one who had a 21ft bass boat with a 225, and his own TV show!

Just because you aren't a "pro" doesn't mean you cant compete with them.

Whys that?

Great members at the BPS Chapter.

why, because it's an event day that I am looking forward to!

yes, all the members are great and are willing to help each other out as well as others any day of the week.