July 13th Ottawa River Musky Report

I received a call yesterday from a friend to tell me that he decided to dip into his pockets$$$$$ and buy some Muskie gear ....He was itchin' to try his new rod and reel so I invited him and his buddy up for a few hrs of Muskie huntin' here on the Ottawa R...we started out at 12:30PM and after trolling for 3 hrs I decided to work a grid pattern over a shoal....4:29PM and I'm tellin the guys that we're gonna start headin back to my dock when all of a sudden all hell breaks loose and my buddies reel starts to scream :thumbsup_anim: ......He'll remember this Muskie for a long time to come..at one point, it made a beauty 2' leap out of the water :clapping: .........

Here's a pic to share....measurements were 44"x21"

MuskyLakejuly13th2008004.jpg

The release... :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

MuskyLakejuly13th2008009.jpg

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

I knew this was gonna be good as soon as I read where you were fishin' Great fish !! Hope your buddy doesn't have to wait as long as I am for number 2.

Rich....I live on the river...built our log cabin back in 2002....it you're ever up in these neck of the woods, pm me and I'll see if i can get you into your #2 and possibly #3 and 4 ;)