A Belated Introduction

markiemark70

Hi all, I have been posting on this board since at least last season (although not over the winter) and I just realized that I am not sure if I introduced myself. My name is Mark Adams. and I live with my wife and our daughter in Milton. I have come on here and asked many questions and gotten some great advice. Lately I have realized that a lot of people on this board have become real life friends, and I think that is great. I also realize that a community like this is better if everyone participates, so I am going to try to remember to pass along any info that I may have where appropriate.

I was introduced to fishing as a child. My stepfather owned a cottage on Lake Muskoka (Packers Bay, near Torrance) and I would fish from the dock from morning to night most weekends from the age of 5. I was happy to catch rock bass (sorry, WGSF!) and the odd smallmouth, as well as tons of perch. After I lost access to that cottage (around age 9 or so) that was pretty much the end of my fishing career, although fishing remained something that I loved to do, I did not have the means to pursue it during my teens and early adulthood. Back then I thought you needed to go 4 hours north to catch fish. I wasn't until I started going on these type of boards that I realized the awesome fishing oppurtunities right in my backyard.

Since 2006, I have gotten back into fishing with a vengeance!! (I would not want to add up my BPS receipts!!). I have done some fishing on Sturgeon Lake, Speed River, Grand River, Nith River, 16 Mile Creek, and just about any other place that I had the oppurtunity. I evewn discovered a small local (5 min walk from my house) storm pond that has LM Bass in it last week!

Anyway, thanks everyone for sharing your experience(s) with me. THis is a great community. I am going to post a few of my favorite fishing pics below, as well as a p:recent picture of me and my daughter (future fishergirl extrordinaire!!) so you will know what I look like. If anyone sees me out fishing, by all means come say hi!!

Here is one of my only time downrigging on GB

SV100565.jpg

Here is my favorite pic of all, my wife snapped this one at sundown on Lake Kioshkowki (?) in Algonquin

fishing2005007.jpg

And here is me and my daughter Kayla at Springridge Farm in Milton (my hometown)

IMG_1459.jpg

Happy fishin!!

Nice of you to write an introduction with a couple of pictures. People around here seem to like pictures :canadian:

Lots of information to be found here if your re-introducing yourself to fishing.

Good intro,

ehg

Great belated intro,

Mighty Neighborly of ya ;)

Might that be Colpoys Bay AKA Wiartons "Spirit rock" in the Back ground?

Love those crystal clear and deep waters...

I'm yet to pull a Laker out of there though...Salmon, Steelies, Whites, and Brownies yes, but alas no lakers.

Anyway I could be way wrong but those cliffs look the same to me?

Cheers,

Great belated intro,

Mighty Neighborly of ya ;)

Might that be Colpoys Bay AKA Wiartons "Spirit rock" in the Back ground?

Love those crystal clear and deep waters...

I'm yet to pull a Laker out of there though...Salmon, Steelies, Whites, and Brownies yes, but alas no lakers.

Anyway I could be way wrong but those cliffs look the same to me?

Cheers,

Wow youre good!!. I am not that familiar with GB, but we did launch out of Wiarton, so I assume you are right.

Naw...not that good, its just a body of Water I have fished since I was a boy so I know it well. :Gonefishing:

My Dad used to take me out on the old Dock at Oxeden across the Bay from Spirit rock, it was an old wooden Peir that went WAY out to a nice weed bed that used to hold Rainbows, and browns all year long.

It was such a nice spot to take Kids...we'd nail perch all day, and the odd bass as well.

It was a bit adventurous at times though as It used to sway in the waves LOL!

Guess it finaly fell in one winter....

I still frequent the Sail boat Dock right at the Spirit Rock heritage Site, when I'm fishing solo and looking to get some sun, while wetting my line....can't beat that veiw!

Many times I've trolled those waters with the riggers for Salmon and Rainbow...even caught a skamania oncem but not once, have we gotten a laker.

I know they are there, just not bumped into one yet.

Cheers,

Welcome to the board...even though you've been around and know what we are all about already! You fishing history almost exactly mimics mine. My dad's best friend had a cottage and we were up there a LOT during the summer months. His friend sold the cottage when I was 8 or 9 and that stopped my fishing in it's tracks. Then, in 2006, my wife and I both picked up fishing rods again and the rest is history.

That sunset pic is great, but that one of your little girl is priceless...she's a real cutie!

Oh yeah...nice fish pic too....LOL.