WFN Adopt an Angler Contest

fishin'nut

I have entered the WFN contest Adopt an Angler. I am presently in 9th and would love to win this boat. I believe that winning this should be on the story and not on how many friends you get to vote. Read my story and you will see why I should win. Beware....It is a true story. Don't laugh when you read it. Anyone please vote for me. Maybe one of us from this board can win it. Thanks for helping a poor angler out.

http://www.wfn.tv/adopt/vote.php?case=w2p2143a&page=1

:spam::spam::jerry: Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, and eggs

Naw, this isn't really spam, cause other board members participated in this contest last year, asking for our support.

I selected one of them to support, that person did not win, but if I remember correctly, another infrequent poster on this board did win the contest.

I entered the contest this year too. They changed the rules this year too so that you have to enter your email when voting, so that you can't vote 100 times a day.

I could sure use a new boat too ;)

Joey

i tried to get on to vote for joey, but everyone listed is from the states. is there a seperate contest? i clicked the above link and it took me to the page of entries, but none were from canada. Is there any way i can still vote for her even though im in the states?

jason

IMO They shouldn't let the Adopt an Angler contest be a popularity contest for the winner.. They should give it to someone who loves fishing, but who clearly can't afford to buy a boat anytime in the near future..

Edited by tdotfisherman

IMO They shouldn't let the Adopt an Angler contest be a popularity contest for the winner.. They should give it to someone who loves fishing, but who clearly can't afford to buy a boat anytime in the near future..

i think i read where they take the top ten vote getters and then interview them with a pannel of 4 judges to determine the final winner. not sure exactly how it works.

jason

Edited by oxcowboy

What about us poor DAD sufferers whose wives would have us surgically altered if we brought home another expensive toy like a boat? Isn't it enough that we have to sneak new baitcasters and flyrods into the house tucked down our pantlegs, not to mention the lures that get stuck into the fabric of our trousers, and us, as we slink guiltily past our eagle-eyed spouses? Does new gear already have the fish smell built in?

"Is that a Suick in yer pocket, dear, or are you just happy to see me?"

Shouldn't we also get to spend some quality time on the water actually communing with fish, not just the minnows, frogs, turtles and weeds. It's a known fact the best fish are sitting just outside of casting range, laughing their little fishbutts off at us, the have-nots of the fishing universe. What the world needs now is empathy for those of us who respect the sanctity of marriage, and our procreative appendages, those of us who can't or won't sacrifice marital bliss for a few minutes of selfish gratification on the water, those of us who simply want it all. Is that really so much to ask?

Hmmm. That's pretty sorry sounding. I think I may have to make a submission to this contest. Y'all think my story sounds needy enough to deserve a new boat?

Pitifully yers

JF (diagnosed summer 2006)

The guy last year put the boat up for sale immediately after getting it...

In my opinion it should be a lease/rental for 2 years then donated to a sick kids hospital or something like that... or provisions should be put into place so that the winner is unable to sell it/rent it to others...

it really ticked me off where the guy was begging for people to vote for him then turns around and sells it...

ethically/morally wrong on his side...

my rant for the day

• 3 weeks later...

I also agree that the contest should go to the person with the best story or most deserving angler. I don't own and have never owned a boat because I can't afford one, hence the reason I entered the contest. As for the newbie, I may not have posted many times on this board due to me not getting a lot of computer time and the fact that I can hardly type. I do browse the site as often as I can and get a lot of info from fellow members. I also don't post much because I am a relatively inexperienced angler when it comes to Walleye, Bass, etc. Sorry I created so much talk about this subject.

Rob

Joey I dont know what happened but after I voted I knocked you down to 44 I guess that is what happens when I vote 4 times for one person sorry I guess I am a burdon for you LOL I hope you win so you can come up here in the fall to show it off for me good luck.

sorry for Hijack of thread but GO JOEY GO

I believe that winning this should be on the story and not on how many friends you get to vote.

http://www.wfn.tv/adopt/vote.php?case=w2p2143a&page=1

Has anyone read the rules and regulations for this contest? :dunno: It sure doesnt look like it.

Winning the boat has nothing to do with how many online votes you get. WFN will choose 10 semi-finalists amongst all the entrants and a panel of 4 WFN judges will choose the winner from those 10 semi-finalists. The only thing online voting is good for, is the 3 secondary prizes to the top 3 online vote getters.

Cheers,

FOTB

:Gonefishing: