fishing in marinas

purekgw

But the fish are under the boats.LOL

This is the number one reason why someone will ask you to leave the marina. Not all will,but the up nose turned right ones do.

If I am asked,I leave ( I get tired of arguing with these people),sometimes I get the odd one that says,theres a big one under here.

Edited by misfish

they dont own the water. If you are fishing in a boat then you are ok. If you are standing on there docks then thats a different story.

Cheers!

Not true,

Unfortunately, some marinas have a type of "Lease" from the government that gives them control over the land and body of water.

Typically, this usually occurs with marinas that are enclosed.

You would have to research the deed and ownership of the marina.

better yet, just ask them for the proof that they own the water... if they don;t provide it, enjoy ur fishing my friend! remember... it is illegal for someone to interfere or harrass with an angler who is lawfully fishing.

and they are to have signs from the gov. stating they have been given control of the water in the marina..most don't and the cops are on the owners side

I was kicked out of a marina the owner told me he owned the water and I must leave , I disagreed and he called the cops...the cop told me I had to leave..

I said that he and the marina were wrong and I do have the right to fish there....leave or be charged...I left

I made phone calls went go copies of the law

went to the cop shop..the same cop was there the duty officer was there

they said.. yup looks like you are right..and the cop said well I had know idea who was right, but I didn't care, my job was to end the situation and I did..case closed....so bottom line you will be kicked out of the marina unless you have legal documents to prove you can be there or a gun to shoot the stupid cop

My dad actually manages a marina and there are no fishing signs posted on the outside gates. Usually during the peak boating season (summer) he kicks people out who try and fish there, but during early spring and late fall when only a few boats are in he doesn't mind it. He doesn't even let me fish there in the summer!!.

and they are to have signs from the gov. stating they have been given control of the water in the marina..most don't and the cops are on the owners side

I was kicked out of a marina the owner told me he owned the water and I must leave , I disagreed and he called the cops...the cop told me I had to leave..

I said that he and the marina were wrong and I do have the right to fish there....leave or be charged...I left

I made phone calls went go copies of the law

went to the cop shop..the same cop was there the duty officer was there

they said.. yup looks like you are right..and the cop said well I had know idea who was right, but I didn't care, my job was to end the situation and I did..case closed....so bottom line you will be kicked out of the marina unless you have legal documents to prove you can be there or a gun to shoot the stupid cop

So if you had the papers of proof on you it sounds like you would be OK, right?

Is the information you have good for all Ontario bodies of water? Can you post 'em?

forrest