fishing in marinas

purekgw

So basically,

If you are floating on the body of water you're good?

No anchor, mooring or setting foot on private property.

That would kill the shore fishing unless it's public property with no signs posted.

Am I missing anything here?

That was a great effort from Shaun,

Thanks for posting that!

I shore fish quite a bit around a local marina and haven't caughten any flack about that, but I've also seen lots of people fishing in boats as well, and they don't seem to be doing anything wrong, or being bothered by any of the workers there. As long as the angler isn't being disrespectful to anybody's property, or getting in anyone's way, I dont see why it would be such a big issue.

It is a big issue when a million dollar boat gets dinged or has line hanging from it. I work security at a Marina and we will not let people fish from the docks or enclosed shoreline. We try to discourage boaters from fishing for the above reasons but we haven't been called on the law yet. I understand both sides of the argument but some fishermen are so darn rude and uncaring it does ruin it for all.

It is a big issue when a million dollar boat gets dinged or has line hanging from it. I work security at a Marina and we will not let people fish from the docks or enclosed shoreline. We try to discourage boaters from fishing for the above reasons but we haven't been called on the law yet. I understand both sides of the argument but some fishermen are so darn rude and uncaring it does ruin it for all.

the part about some rude so called "fishermen" says it all right there, and ruins alot of options for alot of people. I for one would sure not to start the motor up on my $100 thousand or more boat to find out that someone fishing got thier line all stuck around my prop, or hooks in my mooring cover, dings ect, not to mention the expensive property that gets scored off people's boats every season as well.

it's a tough call to make, and really no one does own the water so to speak, but some marinas can say they sort of own the parts they built specially if it is a harbour type setting constructed up inner and outer breakwalls.

On scugog the owner of a private canal put a cable across to keep boats out. It is a great spot for crappies. If you are not allowed to touch a dock, does this mean you cannot touch the cable? A small boat could be pushed over the top of the cable using paddles. Any comments?

I would just like to know why it makes a difference to some people that the monetary value of a boat makes a difference? If I was to get a nick in my tinnies paint from a careless fisherman I would be just as ticked off as the guy who is in debt up to his wazoo for a half million dollar canoe!

Value doesn't make a difference! Just use some common sense when fishing around anyone's personal property and there isn't a problem. Respect is all it takes. If fisherfolk disrespect then see how long it takes for the rules or laws to change.

well we fished the same marina we did before today and well i wish bass was open cause i seen one beast of a large mouth follow my spinner i seen him come for it and pulled it away as fast as i could o well mabye next weekend :)