Lurkers?

danbo

Ok, I'll bite.

You can't make people do what you want them to, no matter how hard you try.

Heaven forbid that someone asks a question that was asked and answered 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years ago.

It only takes 1 or 2 negative posters out of the 3000 odd (some of us more odd than others ;) ) members to turn off a potential new member.

Communicating via a key board isn't for everyone.

They don't know what this :jerry: means... I still don't!

Different people will lurk for different amounts of time before deciding to register.

I don't know about this site but I had tried to register on 2 other sites (that shall remain nameless) and despite numerous attempts, my registration was not processed properly or not accepted and no communication was ever sent to me to explain why.

I think those might be some of the reasons. Such is life. Hopefully more people register so that they can add to the strength of the collective.

:Gonefishing:

Edited by kickingfrog

Guest Johnny Bass

I may be wrong but :jerry: has to do with the Jerry Springer show.lol

As far as lurkers? I'm sure there are many but we have had a steady growing membership, so when they feel ready or need help or want to post some of their fishing adventures, they can join up.

I may be wrong but :jerry: has to do with the Jerry Springer show.lol

As far as lurkers? I'm sure there are many but we have had a steady growing membership, so when they feel ready or need help or want to post some of their fishing adventures, they can join up.

Well how 'bout that. I always thought it had something to do with a Seinfeld show reference. A show I never watched so many times I'm left out of convertations... that's ok I'm also left out of Sex in the City conversations as well. :dunno:

Well how 'bout that. I always thought it had something to do with a Seinfeld show reference. A show I never watched so many times I'm left out of convertations... that's ok I'm also left out of Sex in the City conversations as well. :dunno:

Yeah... but what aboot the professional wrestling conversations?

absolutely NOTHING wrong with that

But it makes it tough at the poker table with the guys, it's just shopping, shopping, shopping. :blahblah1:;)

I don't mind being left out of the Seinfeld conversations either... and no the guys don't talk about sex in the city while playing poker.

Hey Guys,

I must admit that when I first joined earlier this year, I just watched like a new kid on the block. A bit shy to engage I guess. I didn't even realize that I should've formally introduced myself.

I now find myself visiting the site often and have jumped in now and then when I thought I could contribute something valuable. My lurking in the background was simply my way of being polite and respectful to a bunch of people I would like to meet and make friends with. I didn't want to turn heads by barging into a conversation amongst those who don't know me, again, a bit shy.

It's sure nice to be here and I hope that sheds some light on things from my side anyways.

Cheers,

Peter

Here's my $0.02.

I've been a member for years but rarely have anything to add. You guys usually have the problem solved before I can figure it out!

When I do have something to add, I do, but normally just enjoy reading and learning.

I do some reading of the board at home and some at work (OH OH)...

And I usually don't log on. Mind you I read everyday!

I guess I'm a lurker.... my bad.

Should I log in first when I'm just pleasure reading? Doesn't really matter to me!

I do know from personal experience that due to firewall restrictions, I can't log on at work, however I can view and read the posts as a guest. That may explain part of the number of perceived lurkers.

Just my .02

Cheers

Craig

You and I have nothing further to discuss... ;)

How 'bout fishin'. :Gonefishing:

Topic options:

Tiler v console

live bait v lures

troll v cast

vertical hold v horizontal

:whistling:

.... never mind... see you at Lakair, we can share a drink and not say a word, that way you won't think I have an accent. :canadian::thumbsup_anim:

You get out of it what you put in... If your lurking and getting your stuff enjoy.

If you want more you ask. We have lots of knowledgeable people here and a few that just think they are ;0

Its no different than chatting at the launch ramp just little more fun :)

So whos got marshmellows :lol::blahblah1::Gonefishing:

Im sure there are lots of guys that come and go and read and take. I for one have come to the point where I dont care. If some asks a spot to fish(with,n reason) I am going to give it to them.

You can lead a man to fish,but can he catch them?????????????????????????

If you understand that,then ya got nutt,n to worry about.

In my opinion "lurkers" excel at using the search function on the forums more than members (as a whole). I think what most non-members do is come to the site and check it out over a course of days/weeks/months and if they need info on something then they just use the search function of the forums. No need to sign up and get told that the same question was asked a week ago and feel like they are being gunned for right off the bat. What gets them to sign up in my opinion is when they need specific info on something like a certain lake that the search has failed to provide or if they need an opinion or info quickly and want to throw a question out there. But definitely I do agree that a lot of people probably see negative demeanors that some people throw out there and are hesitant to post.