My attempt at revenge.....Brookies

Sinker

Well, I went back to my brookie lake today for a shot at the one I lost last weekend. No go on the big one, but we had a good day up there. Got to the cottage around 10pm friday night, and set up some spinner rigs, and pounded a few cold ones. It was colder than last weekend up there.....had the fire going full tilt this time.

The woodpecker was right on time again. 5:00am I was up making coffee and cooking a quick breaky. On the water before 6. I got some new batteries this time.....that's prolly what jinxed me.

Heres our first glimpse of the lake on the hike in.

P5220006.jpg

The sun was just over the treetops.

P5220007.jpg

We loaded up our chariot for the day.

P5220019-1.jpg

First pass on "the spot" and Todd hooks up. Another 17"er. What a beauty.....I thought this was going to be "the day".

P5220009.jpg

He was hooked deep, so had to be kept. I put it on the stringer, and couldn't stop admiring it.....man they are beautiful fish.

P5220012.jpg

P5220010.jpg

This is when I noticed some water in our "chariot". She sprung a bit of a leak......LOL.

P5220016.jpg

We carried on anyways. Just had to bail it once in a while. No probs.

We trolled and trolled and trolled. Not much doing. We got a few small ones in the 10-12" range, but released them all. We actually caught 3 different year classes, so thats a good sign for the future. Near the end of the day, I got a fat 12"er that was hooked too deep, and had to be kept. I added it to the stringer.

P5220023-1.jpg

Lots more bugs out this weekend.....WOW......they drove us nuts. Most of the time the wind was keeping them down, but in the lund side of the lake, they were THICK!! You can hardly see them, but look close and you will notice the swarm around Todd's head.

P5220020.jpg

Some scenery shots around the pond.

P5220018.jpg

P5220017.jpg

So, no revenge for me. :dunno: I guess it wasn't meant to be. :wallbash:

Oh well.....it was still great to be on our own little lake with nobody around for miles. Great way to take your mind off other things in life. Me and Todd have been going to this spot for almost 20 years now. It was great to get out and shoot the breeze about days gone by, and trips we've done in the past. It seemed like every little spot had a memory from one point or another.

Just a great all around day on the water with a really good bud :canadian:

Sinker

Beautiful scenery and a beauty report. I just love the colors on Specs. The "cloud" of bugs around Todd made me think of Pigpen of the Charlie Brown cartoons. No offense to Todd...it just came to mind when I saw the picture. I also noticed the Folger's "worm can". Got the same one here in my fridge at home.

THX for sharin.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

nice fish,I think half the fun of speckie fishin is the actual mission you have to go on to get them sometimes. Nothin like being the only people around on a little backwoods lake,pond, or river. Love the scenery in the pics

Beautiful scenery and a beauty report. I just love the colors on Specs. The "cloud" of bugs around Todd made me think of Pigpen of the Charlie Brown cartoons. No offense to Todd...it just came to mind when I saw the picture. I also noticed the Folger's "worm can". Got the same one here in my fridge at home.

THX for sharin.

Hahaha.......Pigpen.......I think Todd just got a new nickname :thumbsup_anim:

Great report and pics!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Beauty colors on those fish!... the best/easiest way to catch a big fish is to either forget to take the camera or have dead batteries. :rolleyes:

I called it before we got to the lake. I told Todd I'd prolly get skunked this time because the camera was workin. Oh well.......a great day is a great day. Fish are always just a bonus!

Sinker

I called it before we got to the lake. I told Todd I'd prolly get skunked this time because the camera was workin. Oh well.......a great day is a great day. Fish are always just a bonus!

Sinker

There must've only been hundreds in there instead of thousands if y'all only got 2! ;):w00t:

There must've only been hundreds in there instead of thousands if y'all only got 2! ;):w00t:

I'd say your prolly right GCD. This lake was stocked with 400, 4 years ago. These 17"ers are from that year class. I really don't think there are many left in there. The good news is there are 3 more year classes that we caught......and they're naturals. Next year those 12"ers will be 14"ers.......and so on. I've never seen anyone in there either.....so their pretty much all mine :thumbsup_anim:

I know for sure there is one big ass male in there though. If there is one, there has to be more.......just gotta be in the right spot at the right time.

The high barometer and bluebird skies didn't help this trip. I might give it one more shot next weekend. Hopefully we get some better fishing weather.

Sinker

You are right, when you get that 1st fish right off the bat, it looks like it will be a good day.

Its either a really good thing, or a really bad thing.......this time it was the latter :wallbash:

Sinker

A stringger????????? I havent seen one of them in so long.LOL

Nice report duck.

Thanks for sharing.

Them sure are some nice colourful fish.

Hahaha.....ya...I haven't used one in a long time. Our vessel wasn't equipped with a proper livewell....so we just had to make due :) I suppose we could have just let him swim around inside the boat.....but he would have been too noisy. Its so quiet up there, the electric motor was making a racket!! :)

Sinker