Reel Question

Spiel

I know that quite a few guys on the US muskie boards seem to really like these.. Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help.

They also really like to Okuma Induron's.. Might wanna look into those also.

Nice reel Spiel, Hard to go wrong with a TICA reel.. they are supposed to be top notch, alot of offshore guys use em.

Let me know how the reel works out for you if you get it.

Hard to go wrong with the place you're looking at purchasing it from either.

G

I had a Tica Caiman, in 2002 when they had the brass finish and looked like a 250 Calcutta.

It was a nice reel, lots of bearings etc. but not a Calcutta.

For service you had to mail the reel to some office complex.

They are or were, a little trick to reassemble, and that caused a problem.

It wasn't a defect, just a small rod/lever got pushed in to far, you could put it right in a few seconds, with neddle nose pliers.

The problem was, that at the time, the importers didn't know how to fix it...

....Thanks all. I have read some supposed independant online reviews (all good) and I'm still toying with the purchase, just not 100% decided. My post has brought good offer my way which I'm seriously considering. I'll let yous know what I decide.

They are nice reels Chris I have used them a few times They did have a problem with one of their less expensive units that made them discontinue selling that version. They have decided to move from Thailand to China a few years ago and built a new plant just for the reel industy. Being an import repairs are most likly a little difficult but with All American outdoors behind you you cant go wrong. BTW thats the place that I order the ?pin? reel from in the past. Same offer if you need it.

Art

They are nice reels Chris I have used them a few times They did have a problem with one of their less expensive units that made them discontinue selling that version. They have decided to move from Thailand to China a few years ago and built a new plant just for the reel industy. Being an import repairs are most likly a little difficult but with All American outdoors behind you you cant go wrong. BTW thats the place that I order the ?pin? reel from in the past. Same offer if you need it.

Art

Well that's just swell Art. I wouldn't need it till Lakair so I'll let you know. :)

Spiel

Please seriously consider where service would be available. Sending it the Unites States could prove extremely awkward. If you know how to trully read a reel and its schemtic, you could at least be proactive in knowing fully what you are buying; most people do not understand fully, what they are buying.

outdoorguy61

Edited by outdoorguy61

Spiel

Please seriously consider where service would be available. Sending it the Unites States could prove extremely awkward. If you know how to trully read a reel and its schemtic, you could at least be proactive in knowing fully what you are buying; most people do not understand fully, what they are buying.

outdoorguy61

Thanks for the advice outdoorguy61. I've never in all these years had to send a reel off for repair. Guess I've been fairly lucky in that anytime I've had an issue I've been able to fix it with stuff laying around my shop or in rare cases get my hands on parts locally. I will take your advice into consideration though before deciding.

....Well I made a decision and it's not the TICA Caiman. While I like the round body casters I'm also comfortable with the low profile and when I came across this one at what I thought was an exceptional price I decided to buy two. :D Should be a sweet reel for my newest casting rod. :)

Special thanks to a good friend for helping me. :thumbsup_anim: