Toronto Bills

blaque

Ticket price is waaaaaay to high. People will pay becuase of the novelty for now, though.

Although, I did hear Bob McCowan on the FAN 590 say ticket sales are not going as quickly as expected.

I live in Hamilton so I'd rather drive 50 miles south and see 'em for 50 bucks than drive 50 miles north and see 'em for 200 bucks.

And I do feel sorry for Buffalo residents. This casts a dark shadow over your team for a few years as you wonder if you team will still be in Buffalo in the near future.

Well said...........perfect actually

The Bills in T.O. is horrible idea,

Stadium too small

Ticket Prices are ridiculas, for the 397 $ I spemnt on seasons this year in Buffalo you get 1-2 tickets for 1 game up here.

No TAILGATING because everyone up here is too uptight.

Crappy corporate turnout like the the Maple Losers!

Keep them in Buffalo where the games are fun and affordable.

yet another voice of reason.

The Bills will never move to Toronto... It would be the end of the CFL.

SO, I don't think the billionaires care about the CFL or anything else other than just making LOTS of money.

The NFL just announced it is optioning out of the contract it has with the players union. In 2010 there will be NO salary cap and no contract as of the 2011 season.

With on salary cap things will go wild for one year in the NFL and it will be the small market teams like Buffalo that will be hurt big time. ANYTHING can happen then, even the Bills moving to Toronto. If Ralph Wilson dies before that the move will come even sooner. Either way the Bills are going to Toronto, it's just a matter of time. What happens to the CFL is irrelevant. Money talks Bull walks and this is getting worse every year.

BTW the owner of the Sabres is willing to sell the team also. He just doesn't want to see it moved out of Buffalo. However, as the city is getting poorer and smaller by the day it's just a matter of time that the Sabres are gone also.

Bob

Why do you think Toronto wants the Bills so bad? They'd get another NHL team before a NFL franchise... Buffalo is desperate, if anything the Bills will just up and move to another state that can actually support them.

Why do you think Toronto wants the Bills so bad? They'd get another NHL team before a NFL franchise... Buffalo is desperate, if anything the Bills will just up and move to another state that can actually support them.

WHY ? ? ?

Because NFL football is the BIGGEST Game in town. It trumps all other sports especially hockey. Hockey is a regional game that only flourishes in Canada and a few selected US cities. I know you Canadians don't want to hear that but that's the way it is. Like I said Money Talks and the NFL has a LOT of money.

If the Bills were for sale Toronto is the most likely city to go after them fast and hard. Toronto has LOTS of BIG businesses that will buy the corporate boxes. This is where the big money is for owners. Corporate box revenue is money that is NOT shared with the other teams. The team owner basically puts that money right into his pocket. REGULAR seat money is shared with the visiting team with 60% for the home team and 40% for the visiting team. Each team also gets their split from television revenue. After that all other money the team can make is their own, for example money received from radio broadcasts, jersey sales, parking etc....... you get the idea. When the Bills move to Toronto they will be the ONLY NFL team in Canada so the extra market revenue is HUGE for the owner. They figure fans from all over Canada will be interested in the only Canadian NFL team with money pouring in like Niagara Falls.

There are no other BIG cities left in the US that can support a NFL team with LOTS of money with the exception of LA but they have repetitively turn their nose up to the NFL. LA figures they don't need a NFL team and is not willing to make the accommodation's to house a team. If you know of another US city that can support a modern money hungry NFL team please share with me.

Like it or not the Bills are coming to Toronto. What happens to the CFL is anyone's guess.

Bob

i love the nfl but i dont want the bills in toronto, i like going to buffalo and seeing the games. Who wants to see the Miami Dolphins against the bills. A 1-15 team against an 8-8. I am really going to spend 180 bucks to see a triple AAA team and a rebuilding franchise. I paid less for the grey cup and say 2 great caliber teams.

WHY ? ? ?

Because NFL football is the BIGGEST Game in town. It trumps all other sports especially hockey. Hockey is a regional game that only flourishes in Canada and a few selected US cities.

Exactly my point, the biggest game in your town :) Not up here... Like I said, we'd have another NHL franchise before we'd have a NFL one.

Exactly my point, the biggest game in your town :) Not up here... Like I said, we'd have another NHL franchise before we'd have a NFL one.

That's only until the NFL has a home team there.

The NHL is little league compared with the money in the NFL. Like I said you don't want to hear that but that's the truth. The NHL doesn't even have a major television network here in the US. The NFL is coming if you like it or not. It's not what you want but what the big business men want to separate you from your hard earned cash.

I'll bet you a dozen nightcrawlers and a bucket full of minnows that in five years you will have the Buffalo Bills in Toronto. So what are you guys going to call them. Maybe the Toronto Trojans. Think about the endorsements that has to offer :)

OK 2 dozen Canadian Crawlers that Walmart sells here for $2.88 :)

NASCAR....... NASCAR............ you got to be kidding me right :)

Well that is only sport you can follow when you're hammered.

LOOK another LEFT turn. They can go to commercial and come back 10 minutes later and you didn't miss a friggen thing :)

Call them the Toronto Buffalos , at least that way we have a little something down here to hold on to. And they can keep the logo the same so they remain familiar to us in buffalo. Its the only team in the league i think that the logo is designed after the city in the team name. Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, Atlanta Falcons........etc. etc.......Buffalo Bills? What the helk is a Bill..........guess thats why they chose the buffalo to come up with the mascot and Logo lol. (i know i know, they got it from the famous "Buffalo Bill" Cody) So why didnt we plaster a picture of him on the side of the helmet instead of a Buffalo . lol Anyway.... a rarety to have the logo represent the city name and not the second part of the name. Buffalo sabres for instance, we have sabres (swords) as the logo, oh wait a minute, we have a Buffalo in our NHL logo too, or is it a slug. Anyway, Im rambling. lol

If they move I highly doubt they will keep any name sakes from Buffalo. After all it's about marketing money, with that said the market will now be in Toronto and only the craziest Bills fan will travel 90 miles north to watch something that will be on TV. Oh, wait gas hit $4.07 per gallon today so I guess only a handful of nutty fans will head to Toronto.

It makes MUCH more sense for the new Toronto team to change everything involved with the football team in regards to marketing (SELLING) jersey etc.........

BTW when I look at the Sabres jerseys I always think the emblem on the chest is Barny Rubbles hair from the Flintstones. :)

I am a die hard bills fan, and I am against the bills playing in toronto. For several reasons. Examples are

1. A proper NFL game experience (in my opinion) involves a tail gate party. In an open field, where you can have a beer or two, throw the ball around, etc etc. This is obviously not possible by the skydome.

2. A ticket to the bills is, for a top seat if I recall is only about $70. Moving the game here with AVERAGE price being $180 is absurd. I just have a big problem with the attitue of "lets be as absurd as possible with the pricing and see what kind of demand we still get", even thought it makes sense from a business perspective.

I have no intention of attempting to go to one of these games. I would rather make the trip down to buffalo 2-3 times / year for the same cost.

Ya, it's the Buffalo Bills fans I really feel for. Just the uncertanty looming over your team's fate must be agonizing.

Do you go and support the team today knowing that tomorrow they could be gone never to return? Or do you hold out hope that a local group will come forward to buy the Bills and forever keep them where they belong.

I know there are more important thing in life than sports. But I don't think you can underestimate what a local sports team does for it's fans either. Here in Hamilton, I look forward Ti-Cat games days ahead of time! I start collecting supplies for our tailgating, call family and friends to firm up plans, and what a great time we end up having together before and after the game.

How about the talks you have with complete strangers on the bus who strike up a conversation with you cuz they see you wearing your team's jersey.

A local team adds to the fabric of the community. It can get the young interested in sports and make the old feel young again.

Here's hoping the Bills stay where they are and that the games up in Toronto will do exactly what we are being told they will do; inject some much needed revenue to a team in a city that needs it.

Torontonians have a long history of being suckers for hype... and the NFL is the master of hype, with NASCAR coming in a close second. How else can you explain the money that goes into the NFL, Vegas aside for a moment, it's all hype! We are talking about a game that is supposed to be 60 minutes, takes 3-4 hours to play and in reality, there is only about 10 minutes of action, during that 3-4 hour period... hype and media have made the NFL what it is today... I think the emperor is not wearing any clothes!

HH

Not much to ad to whats already been debated. :canadian:;):D

I will still buy a ticket,why not.

I wish too,that nascar would build a huge track,but something tells me if they do,it wont be in Ontario,but out west somewhere.

BTW,If the nascar race was left right,right left, hair pin turn,then we wouldnt need the open wheel series then would we. HAHAHAHAHA.

Nascar rules the Oval track. May they turn left forever.HAHAHAHAHA

If you want to get a good take on NASCAR get the DVD of Jeff Dumham called Arguing with Myself. His puppet Bubba J will clue you in all about NASCAR. For anyone who has seen this DVD you know what I am talking about. I guarantee this is the funniest act you will ever see.

Up here where everybody bleeds Green, and probably the best football fans in Canada, the big talk is that led Zepplin is playing four day shows in TORONTO. The only shows in the world. Now that would make more sense than seeing the Bills in TO and worth the money

Edited by holdfast