I finally purchased some braid line

MuddyWater

i picked up some spider wire teflon coated stuff the 6lb and spooled that on. one thing i noticed is tying a knot its annoing and i had to improvise some crazy knot that i dont trust to much lol. so i was wondering about what knot is best for braid. also it makes a weird sound when pulling through the eyes of my rod will it burn or groove my rod? anyways anything that can go bad would be good to know.

peace

I have been using braid for about 6 years now and it is a great product for what it can do. First of all remember that you have no stretch to it so slow down and use less force when setting the hook. If you do get snagged and wrap it around your hand to pop the line you will usually slice into your hand expecially if they are wet or if it is in a groove of your finger. Their is a suppliment in the spool of braid that gives you a few knots to use I can tie them but do not remember the names. Braid tends to get fuzzy as it is abraided against rocks and things a fuzzy line is a weak line so cut off a few feet just as you do with mono. You may find that if the water is very clear the fish can see the line some people use a mono or flourocarbon leader when the fish are nervous. If you are using a baitcaster and you are still getting birdnests in the mono you will have even a harder time getting the backlash out of the braid. I wont go into the upside of the braid because you have already found out that you like it and as you get comfortable with it you might someday go with it in all of your fishing adventures like I have.

Art

Once you have filled the spool, make sure to let all the line out of the reel and reel it back in wet. (We used a small spoon and a quick 30 second romp of the motor to get all the line in the water)

If not, there is a good chance you'll end up having the line slip on the spool (Happened to my oldman this weekend)

do you have any Mono backing on the spool? if not, you need to have a backing of mono before the braided line and a double unit knot is best I find to join the 2 lines together...

Double_Uni_Knot1.jpg

yea i forgot about the backing part since its 1lb dia. and my reel is only half full :) ill have to get the line counter out and spool up some backing. im going to use a 8lb floro leader for all my fishing (im a nut about line visibility) Another thing i would like to know can pike and musky cut braid easily? i tried biting off a peice and it took a good amount of chomping!!

Another thing i would like to know can pike and musky cut braid easily? i tried biting off a peice and it took a good amount of chomping!!

I don't know about you but my teeth are nothing like a pike's... HAHA

yes they can to answer your question. Not at all like mono though. if you are fishing for fish with big teeth then maybe you want a Titanium Leader Wire about 30 LB or so...

I had the same problem with Spiderwire's Invisabraid in 30 pound test.

I e-mailed the company and they asked me to mail it to them.

Last week I received a replacement spool...I will see what happens.

What pound test were you using? What size lures were you throwing?

...also it makes a weird sound when pulling through the eyes of my rod will it burn or groove my rod? anyways anything that can go bad would be good to know.

peace

I have been told that eyelets that are not durable or built for the braid will cut.

Maybe someone else can give better info on this.

forrest

If making a cast while fishing is a User error....then guilty as charged. :lol:

(Line didnt break at the knot)

Sounds like you bought some counterfeit line.. PowerPro has a problem with cheap knock offs hitting the market with less the a superior product... see the power pro website for details.

G

I have been told that eyelets that are not durable or built for the braid will cut.

Maybe someone else can give better info on this.

forrest

I heard the same thing from my local tackle shop....he suggested using at least 30lb power pro. He said that 20lb is really thin and can groove the eyes.

I heard the same thing from my local tackle shop....he suggested using at least 30lb power pro. He said that 20lb is really thin and can groove the eyes.

10X STRONGER THAN STEEL

But what about...?

Older, first-generation superlines were made of abrasive aramids that could cut rod guides and take a toll on equipment. PowerPro solves these problems through super slick, non-abrasive Spectra Fiber composition and unique EBT processing. Other complaints about superlines arose simply because the technology was so new, and few people knew how to take proper advantage of it. The Using PowerPro quick guide takes the mystery out of using a superline and guarantees a satisfying fishing experience from the first cast!

I have powerpro on alot of my reels and have used it for a couple years now.. never one instance of this..

That said Quality Rods = Quality Guides.

G

Edited by Gerritt