Canoe Dolly

Eddyk

I built one myself, for my kayak, out of 4 hockey sticks. You could alter the design easily for a canoe.

094455.jpg

094456.jpg

Add some pool noodle pieces and some bungee cords.

094457.jpg

So easy even a five yr old can pull it around.

094458.jpg

When you're on the water, the cart goes with you.

094459.jpg

Good luck.

Eddyk,

I have one that is a real cadilac!

it was custom built by a professor at Queens university and includes a spare tire and rim, and even a kickstand which will support the canoe in a horizontal position. it was built to qonquer the Dickson lake portage in Algonquin. if you have done that trip before, you will know what i mean about the ultimate dolly!

right now it is in my shed, taking up space. i am planning to do 1 more trip into Dickson this spring with it, but if you need it anytime, let me know. we are close enough that i can meet you in Newcastle or somewhere along the 401.

Charfinder

Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it. Jedianler; You should patten that . Its a great design and thanks Charfinder for the generous offer. I went on line with MEC and they do stock them but they dont show any of their locations. If anyone knows could you please reply. Thanks again.

Depending upon where you are, there are a number of places that sell canoe caddys. In Missisauga, there is a canoe store on the QE, fairly close to Europe Bound (I would also not be surprised if they had them). In Peterborough, try Paluski Boats; New Liskeard the canoe company; Algonquin Park- Swift Canoe; Frontenac Park- Frontenac Outfitters.

I used one a number of years ago (30 pds +) and we actually took in a canoe 14 miles into Fortress Lk/BC (large brookies). It was not too bad, other than a few uphill slogs.

outdoorguy61

I have seen many made of PVC pipe, but I hear that they don't stand up to heavy bush use. I have changed to larger wheels on mine, but I'm still looking to put some bike wheels on it eventually. Total cost (minus the hockey sticks) was around $12. Be creative over the winter and build your own.