G-bay question...# of lines

jharcnc

ok...I have checked out the regulations, and I think I know the answer, but I want to just confirm here as well...

According to the regs, while fishing on G-bay from a boat, it appears you are allowed max 2 lines per boat. So, if I go fishing this weekend with the bro-in-law, we can each have one line out for a max of 2. NOT up to 2 lines, EACH.

Correct?

Thanks in advance... :huh:

thanks...this is the language they use verbatim:

"Two lines may be used when trolling from a boat in open water."

being real green at this, I wanted to ask to make sure I was in compliance

Lake Huron (Main Basin), excluding South Bay on Manitoulin Island, Georgian Bay (zone 14),

the North Channel (zone 14) and tributaries to Lake Huron in zones 10, 15, and 16.

Two lines may be used when trolling from a boat in open water

I see that as i line per person

great thanks! that's all I wanted to know...although what happens if I fish two lines myself? hmmm....according to the regs that is up for debate....;-)

either way, it will be him and I this weekend and we'll keep it to two lines

strange when I read it, it seemed strait forward

Lake Huron (Main Basin), excluding......excluding Georgian Bay (zone 14)

Two lines may be used when trolling from a boat in open water

so I read it as

Lake Huron (Main Basin) Two lines may be used when trolling from a boat in open water. excluding Georgian Bay (zone 14) meaning not included zone 14

I don't think they would exclude you from getting a two line ticket

so what happens if there are 3 of us? 1 line each? or only up to 2 (max per boat)? what if I'm fishing by myself? 1 line or 2 (per boat)?

it is a little unclear, to be sure, but I'll play it safe and run only 1 each...

thanks again

as someone already wrote

it's one line per person not per boat, so if you have ten guys you can have 10 lines out

if you are in a boat on Lake Huron, you ca have 2 lines out each

from shore 1 line each

I know it sucks, I wish it was 2 lines on gbay, specially for trolling musky considering most guys release them all anyway but it is definitely only one per angler.

thanks....1 line per angler....up to a MAX of 2 PER BOAT, is the way I will interpret it...so if there are 3 or 4 of us, friends #3 and #4 are watching..... :devil:

Not picking on you but...read it again. Boats don't fish..people do. Doesn't matter if you're fishing from a tire tube, surf board, your boat, the Quenn Mary, it's fishing line(s) per person, not per boat. Like Terry said, about Tobermory, directly north and west is allowed 2 lines, the rest of GB, one line.

thanks....1 line per angler....up to a MAX of 2 PER BOAT, is the way I will interpret it...so if there are 3 or 4 of us, friends #3 and #4 are watching.....

Man your just getting annoying now, people have already informed you from personal experiance that it is one line each no matter if you have 20 guys in a 12 foot tinny. I know first hand because I've fished it my whole life and talked to a number of CO's about the whole one line per angler deal.

feel free to pick away...my ignorance and confusion is directly correlated to my shocking lack of general fishing knowledge...it is clear(er) now...that the general Ontario regs allow for 1 line per angler...the exception (and I'm sure there are many others) being Huron where you can fish with two out, each

thanks for your patience!

me not so smart

TWO lines per boat ??????? I have 6 downriggers ,2 outriggers and with dipsys and boards I can troll 12 lines No problem , I can just see me tell the other 10 guys sorry you got to watch . NO boat max !! lake huron or lake O I can troll two lines per licennec , G bay only one per licenece , so in those lakes 6 guys 12 rods , in G bay 6 guys 6 lines .

Yes Roy.

What about stinger lines/hooks. Its rods per angler not lines per angler.

You should know the answer to that...How many hooks allowed per line? What if it's an artificial with trebles, how do they count? :wallbash::wallbash: Lets not invent scenarios.