Some after work sucker fishing

Hey all, found a little spot near my house whee the suckers are still pretty thick. I decided to head down for a bit after work and have some fun. At this point I just wanted to get rid of my skunk streak which has lasted :whistling: months!

The action was great. Just used worms and caught every couple of minutes. Gotta love the fight of a sucker on an ultralight with 4 pound test. Ended up catching 16 in about an hour. All fished were released. Here's a couple of pics.

Picture_007.jpg

Picture_008v.jpg

Edited by toronto_angler

i was fishing for browns the other day in the ganny and my float went under and i set it and was like YES a 5lb brown. then it came closer and i was so angry stupid smelly ugly creatures. i bet they would be fun on a 3-4 wt fly rod tho. what ever floats ya boat!

Suckers can be a total blast to catch. I go out a few times a year for them myself.

If you're lucky enough to hook into a big redhorse, it's triple the fun.

Great report and pics

Glad to hear, dont want to reduce their population :D [/quote

LOL , I missed that line when I skimmed the report......they're ugly as sin but can be amusing when the steelie's aren't bitting.....Pretty much how I learned to fight fish on a noodle rod , before i figured out how to hook steelhead.