First time on LPB...

I finally got together with the entire family this weekend and of course the weather had to be terrible. My Dad and I were looking forward to hitting the bay since I moved out here last summer. I suggested maybe checking out the cats in Dunnville but we ended up sticking with our original plan and toughing out the weather...BAD IDEA! Neither of us have ever been on the bay before, but with south winds we hoped the bay would be at least a little sheltered from the point. Well, an hour in and the waves started coming over the edge of the boat so we high-tailed it back! I'd have taken some photos but the rain was coming down pretty hard and my fiance would have killed me if I wrecked her camera (again).

We did manage a few fish before heading back for shelter. The original plan was perch out by EC10 but it's hard to feel a bite when your little 16 foot boat is going up and down like a bobber. We boated a few smaller perch, so I decided to throw on my perch patterned X-rap and first cast - good hit, a couple minutes later my Dad nets my first LPB pike - a chunky 34 incher. We tossed her in the livewell and headed in closer to shore where the waves weren't so bad for a quick picture then called it a day after a whole hour of fishing!

med_gallery_133_237_23004.jpg

Sunday wasn't rainy, but it was just as windy and the breeze was cold. So we opted to stay off the lake and take my daughter and only niece down to the reservoir for some dock bluegill action.

My niece Kaiya didn't know what to think of the fish, but my daughter being the experience blue-giller that she is promptly tried to poke it's eyes out with her finger!

med_gallery_133_237_31237.jpg

Always bring something to keep the live fish in when you fish with kids as it'll keep them busy for hours!

gallery_133_237_72235.jpg

And finally a shot of my Dad with his PB 10 inch bluegill just before slicing and dicing the poor little fella! haha

gallery_133_237_156255.jpg

Hope everybody has a great work week..

Cheers,

UF

Great report as always!

The shot of the kids staring at the prisoner is classic.

Did they poke it a few times?

Congrats!

yeah I'm trying to teach my daughter that you're NOT supposed to poke their eyes out! And she gets PIEVED when we release the fish - she screams at me for letting them go... I'll upload a vid of it at some point....

yeah I'm trying to teach my daughter that you're NOT supposed to poke their eyes out! And she gets PIEVED when we release the fish - she screams at me for letting them go... I'll upload a vid of it at some point....

lol she seems to be a natural for the white bucket team!

Thanks for sharing!

lol stotty.

LPB IS LONG POINT BAY. Great fishing :thumbsup_anim:

Beauty pike u got they're . i STAYED OFF THE BAY THIS WEEKEND NEW THE WINDS WERE GOING TO BE A B878TCH.

But you got out there and caught yourself a beauty pike. How was the water> heard it was pretty muddy.

Great photo's.

Nauti.