My New Boat

danbouck

Mine is dead quiet (same motor as Dan's)

My first one (75W-24-60), that Terry now has, was fairly quiet... they do have a good "werrrrr" sound to them when turning and the the annoying beep.. beep.. My new 70 inch's turning motor is louder than the first one. Gonna have a boo inside it when I get a day at the lake. 3yr guarantee on everything.. so no rush. Lifetime on shaft, and that's a good thing we've already found out, as Terry shattered his on a stump and got not only a new shaft.. but most of a lower unit/new built in sonar etc for free and fast service. Make sure your motor is mounted out far enough that the shaft has clearance from the gunnel... so the top unit springs can do their job and not have the gunnel as a pressure point.

Edited by irishfield

Nice rig. I just went to the Legend website, and just as an FYI in case you didn't know, the 50 hp bigfoot is $700.00 more than the standard 50 hp 4 stroke. Did I read the specs correctly does this boat have a double hull construction?

Nice rig. I just went to the Legend website, and just as an FYI in case you didn't know, the 50 hp bigfoot is $700.00 more than the standard 50 hp 4 stroke. Did I read the specs correctly does this boat have a double hull construction?

Ya but as stated above the bigfoot is geared differently and gives less speed. Watch the videos on how they are made. Pretty interesting.