Gas is dropping .50 a litre

Just heard a news report (hope I heard well) (Global consumer SOS) that CT; for some kind of celebration is lowering the price of gas by .50.

The announcement where it will be held will happen tomorrow morning. I guess most news outlets will have the location.

Good luck if you get in on this one.

Hey Cliff (ccmt) have you got the scoop, my daughter is not home. LOL

Is the first gas bar still there..don't think so?? If not will probably be one close to it I'd think....

First gas bar opens at Yonge & Church in Toronto. Gas bar customers receive discount coupons, later known as Canadian Tire 'Money', redeemable in merchandise at Canadian Tire stores. (1958)

Is the first gas bar still there..don't think so?? If not will probably be one close to it I'd think....

First gas bar opens at Yonge & Church in Toronto. Gas bar customers receive discount coupons, later known as Canadian Tire 'Money', redeemable in merchandise at Canadian Tire stores. (1958)

So what year was it that they straightened out Church street so that it no longer crosses Yonge?

it is in Mississauga.... and the lineups are hundreds of cars..

Friday, May 02, 2008 - 07:00 AM

By: Carl Hanstke and 680News staff

Click here to find out more!

A Mississauga Canadian Tire gas station is offering half price gas. Police are directing traffic while hundreds of people are lined up for 68 cents a litre at the corner of Mavis Rd. and Britannia Rd. The event is sponsored by Breakfast Television and 680News is there.

One person told 680News, "I am sure I will save save $20.00 for my car, so it is well worth the wait for me."

Another person driving a Hummer told 680News that is he is willing to wait as long as it takes, in order to cut his regular $140.00 in half.

In general it seems that the bigger the gas tank, the longer people are willing to wait.

G

Edited by Gerritt

Another person driving a Hummer told 680News that is he is willing to wait as long as it takes, in order to cut his regular $140.00 in half.

I'm sorry, but if you can afford to drive a Hummer, then you can afford the gas to put in it. Suck it up rich boy!

Yeah I heard on the news this morning that it was down to 63 cents a litre at Canadian Tire Gas Bars. LINE UPS down the street and Police officers were governing it because there was fights over gas :blink:

i remember when we thought 60 cents was the end of the world

Edited by Pachone

I'm sorry, but if you can afford to drive a Hummer, then you can afford the gas to put in it. Suck it up rich boy!

Stoty... have you ever priced a hummer to see they really aren't that expensive compared to many SUV's and burn gas no differently than most. And no I don't own one.. not into vehicles design with a straight edge ruler.

Stoty... have you ever priced a hummer to see they really aren't that expensive compared to many SUV's

I meant the real hummers, not the "H3".

I agree though, HORRIBLE looking vehicles.