Greencoachdog

I'm heading up to the Moon River on Thursday AM for the weekend. Pike and Pickerel open on the 1st! I'll have to read what I need to bring with me to make sure the fish can be entered into the contest. On a side note... anyone have any tips for up there for pike or pickerel??

Andrew

I think i am heading out saturday and sunday.

Saturday look for some trout and sunday might head down to Dunnville for a second try to hook into some of those cats and maybe even some carp.

Good luck out there and be safe

I'm heading up to the Moon River on Thursday AM for the weekend. Pike and Pickerel open on the 1st! I'll have to read what I need to bring with me to make sure the fish can be entered into the contest. On a side note... anyone have any tips for up there for pike or pickerel??

Andrew

Unfortunately, I won't begin my season until early June because I'm cramming for an exam then. However, anything to help out a team memeber...The Moon basin has many extraodinary opportunities for pike. As they are just coming off the spawn, target pike in warmer back bays that are adjacent to deeper water. I like using xraps, reefrunners and through weed patches, a spinner bait.

Good luck. Go TEAM 9.

reefrunner

had great plans for the tourney and this summer.. a ruptured biceps tendon on saturday, and the subsequent surgery to repair it on sunday pretty much puts a damper on fishing for the forseeable future...

on that note, anyone recommend a rod holder that will allow me to reel in with the rod in it? at least i should still be able to troll.. :)

Phew! I forgot the tourney start-date...I felt bad for not bringing up my logo and measuring tape last week! Of course, that explains why I caught anything :) It'll be lakers for the next couple weeks, then pike and walleye join the mix as soon as May long weekend hits. Lookin' for some biggies from that little lake that Wayne is on...