First Time Out this Year

Mike01

My dad and I went out to Lake of Bays today, weather was a little cool and windy but we still had fun. We were fishing of a small island near Dwight when I got a huge hit. I got all excited as I brought in the fish, and much to my surprise my first fish of the year was a monster OOS smallmouth. After a quick picture back into the water it went.

DSCF0706.jpg

We cruised around the lake for a bit trying to find some lake trout, I marked some fish but no takers. Finaly my dad got one in 6ft of water!! Only two fish but we still had a good time.

Mike

There is nothing wrong with taking a picture of a fish you caught. If its OOS, throw it back. As far as I know, there isnt a law against taking a picture of an OOS fish.

The rule says they "prefer if you didnt", they dont say "DONT post pictures".

I am assuming that they "prefer if you didnt", because of the few people who get all worked up about it.

I think the problem with taking a pic of a OOS fish is that it shows possession. Personally, I don't see the harm of snapping a pic (maybe leave the fish in the net?) Whatever you do, the important thing is to get it back into the water as quick as you can.

Laker in 6 FOW ...not bad! I was in the area on the weekend and had to go right to the bottom to get mine. I haven't uploaded my laker pic 'cuz the connection at home was no good...where's the pic of your dad's fish?!

Nice fish. I got crunched about a year ago for an OOS fish photo. I understand the rules, but I also get both sides of the debate, hopefully the thread doesn't go nutso over it as it's over n' done.

Just glad you did what we would all do - release it so that I can go catch it in the summer!

Good job on the surface laker too. Now's the time.

Cheers.