Trib fishing report- Apr 23

MJL

It’s about bloody time!

Today my dad had to drop off a reel at Aikmans in Mississauga for servicing and what better opportunity to go for a walk on a couple western tribs? Went for a short stroll at the Credit this afternoon and took a few drifts to dust off an old centrepin I rarely use now. Didn’t spend too much time there but enjoyed just being beside the water and getting my daily dose of vitamin D. I got a few nibbles from small river fish but didn’t land anything or hook into anything substantial.

A couple pics of the river

Fishing some pocket water

DSC_5086.jpg

View upstream

DSC_5087.jpg

Decided to stop in at the Humber river before heading back home. I only had an hour to fish it before we had to pick up my sister from work. The hour was worth it. It’s been a rough 7 months since I last hooked into a fish, so when I saw that float go down I was ecstatic…My first fish of 2008 turned out to be a creek chub about the size of my hand – I didn’t take a pic.

I caught one more chub after that and finally caught something a little more substantial.

DSC_5092.jpg

It took a small live trout worm under a float. It didn’t fight particularly well nor was it very big, but at least it was a fish. From the looks of it, there weren’t many fish to be had in that stretch of river beyond chub and shiners - Most anglers weren't catching anything. A great day in general (weather wise) and I really enjoyed fishing both the Credit and Humber – It’s been about 3-4yrs since I fished either so it felt good getting reacquainted with both rivers after so long. Now that I’m finally done university, I can concentrate more on my fishing – Especially getting back into steelhead. Only 3 more sleeps till the opener…Can hardly wait.

Edited by MJL

MJL

Walked the credit from Burnhamthorpe down today - armed with my camera looking for some nature

very suprised to see how low and clear the water had got in last 2-3 days. Almost looked like summer

MJL

Walked the credit from Burnhamthorpe down today - armed with my camera looking for some nature

very suprised to see how low and clear the water had got in last 2-3 days. Almost looked like summer

When I first got there I was thinking the opposite...At least compared to some of the tribs I scouted last week. In either case, some rain wouldn't hurt. The summery weather was nice though and it sounded like the frogs were getting it on.

isn't it great to get out after being in school for so long?

It's FREAKIN' GREAT! :thumbsup_anim: