Stuffing Recipe......

Meely

Hoping to try a few new recipes for Roasted Chicken/Turkey this summer.

I got the bird part down pretty good but am looking for help with a recipe for a great stuffing.

Anyone out dars in OFC-Land have any you'd be willing to share?

My first project is gonna be a roasted "jerked" chicken al forno !!

Stuffing Suggestions?

Thanks,

MMMMMMeely :rolleyes:

I stuff my Chicken w/ Beef.

G

Hahaha

my buddy told me about a turducken and I thought he was making it up untill I saw this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Turducken is a dish consisting of a partially de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken. "

Hahaha

my buddy told me about a turducken and I thought he was making it up untill I saw this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Turducken is a dish consisting of a partially de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken. "

Dont forget the deep fryin.. MMMM.. Deep fryed Turducken

But seriously tho, MISFISH hit the nail square on the head, I would add some pieces of real bacon perhaps. Fresh sage and rosemary can work with or in place of savory.

I will take a small 1.5-2 kg bird and stick a whole lemon in it that I have boiled and poked with a knife a few times.

Or there is always the beer can bbq method.

I never stuff a chicken or a turkey. Instead, I will fill the cavity with cirtus and herbs. One problem you may encounter is the bird is cooked to desired temperature, but the stuffing didn't reach temp, and can cause serious illness to your self and your guests.

When I do a dressing, I make it separately and bake it in the oven.

I like using, Wild Rice, dried cranberries, home made croutons, a small amount of orange juice and the zest of the orange peel, and of course herbs, rubbed sage, (not ground), fresh ground pepper, some thyme

try this:

2 cups water or chicken stock

1 cup wild rice

1/4 to 1/2 cup dried cranberries

1/2 cup orange juice

zest on one orange ( just the orange part of the peel)

1/2 half loaf of day old bread, cut into small cubes and toasted in your oven at about 250 degrees until, dried and slight brown colour (use any bread you like, I prefer whole grain bread)

1 tsp each, rubbed sage, thyme, ground rosemary.

Bring to a boil, the chicken stock or water,

Stir in the wild rice, return to the boil, then remove from the burner, and allow

rice to absorb all the liquid.

Combine all ingredients, and put into a 9 x 9 cake pan and bake in oven for 40 minutes.

The nice thing about this recipe,is you can experiement and add ingredients to your likeing.

Good luck, John