Whats Wrong With Bass Pro Shops

MCTFisher9120

They should tell ALL of their employees about the price matching policy.I went there with a print out of some prices of gps-sonar combos (Lowrance 520 was $130.00 cheaper somewere else) and was told that they would not price match that because they couldn't verify when it was printed off.When I told him that he could go to the website right now and verify that it was accurate, I was told "We don't have internet access".I have never been to a department in there that is as useless and over priced as the electronics.Guys in the fishing department have seemed good but they have a real issue with stocking baitcasters with left hand retrieve.The last time I was there I was going to drop over a thousand bucks on 2 baitcasters and a sonar.I walked out with $15.00 worth of crappie tubes.

I would suggest that if you are following George's Guidelines and are not getting satisfaction that you escalate the issue. It could be that the person you are talking to isn't completely up on policy (unfortunately, happens in all businesses).

I do know that BPS is a very customer focussed business. If any of you have ever talked to George, that would be immediately obvious.

Next time I'm going there I will be sure to get in touch with you BPSBASMAN and find out when you are working.It sounds to me like you know what it takes to keep a customer happy and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure it.If BPS had more employees like you these posts would not be floating around all the time.Good on ya for going the extra on your job!

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Roger is the best! He's a wonderful ambassador for the store! Heck, how can you not think that way with that smile he has?

I've been very fortunate to have been in the store when Rogers is working... now that's customer service!

HH

Living in the GTA, I have many options available and usually do a little price hunting before hand and go to the selected retailer from there. Did not know about the price matching policy, thanks BPSBASSMAN!

As for products, I have never tried a reel, but the rods they have are quite impressive. I was quite happy with my 7' MH spinning rod and decided to pair up my new abu c3 with one.

When I go to BPS, I'm a freakin' kid in a candy store.

reefrunner

Roger you should get extra bonus for all the hardwork you do here to promote BPS :)

Basspro has it's ups and down's like anystore. I am just glad for the extra competition I use to hate getting ripped by CTC because they were the only ones around.

Since BPS has arrived I am much more appreciated at the smaller stores and makes it an all round better market place.

Also another big Hug for BPS is all the sponsership they do in the comunity :)

Guys in the fishing department have seemed good but they have a real issue with stocking baitcasters with left hand retrieve.

Here's an interesting fact. The U.S. sell about 7% left handed reels, whereas in Canada, it can be as high as 25%. Doesn't help your problem Duber, but might explain why manufacturers don't supply enough lefties.

So are Canadians more adaptable than Americans :mellow::o:D:lol:

Don't look at me cause I'm a righty and use a right handed reel (which in theory is wrong). :dunno::dunno:

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Roger, Thank you for all the leg work you have done in clearing up some misconceptions about BPS!

If I could ask just one more question...though

What if a retailer does not have a website, produce flyers or magazines.. but you saw it in store and it was available at a set price... would BPS call the retailer to confirm? if so that would be awesome!!!!!! as alot of stores do not put out flyers or catalogs like LB's does.

Again thank you for taking the time to address the concerns of our little community

Not only are you a great asset to BPS but OFC as well.

G

Here's an interesting fact. The U.S. sell about 7% left handed reels, whereas in Canada, it can be as high as 25%. Doesn't help your problem Duber, but might explain why manufacturers don't supply enough lefties.

So are Canadians more adaptable than Americans :mellow::o:D:lol:

Don't look at me cause I'm a righty and use a right handed reel (which in theory is wrong). :dunno::dunno:

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

I think it`s just because 25% of Canadians reel with the wrong hand!LOL

I prefer the professional service and friendly advise I get from FishingWorld in hamilton

I have to admit that I spend a fair share of my money (and my buddy's) at Fishing World too (obviously nowhere near what I spend at BPS :rolleyes: ).

Very knowledgable and friendly staff there as well.

Edited by BPSBASSMAN

I went in today to pick up the Shimano Citica/XPS rod combo as advertised on the front page of the new flyer.

All sold out..

Hopefully they get some more in soon, I'll be bugging them via phone everyday, lol

The question is, what is wrong with BP shop.

1) For a mega box that size devoted to fishing, I am often surprised that they don't have things you think a fishing store should have.

2) Higher prices

3) Staff are okay but I get the sense that they are not engaged with the customer. Sure they answer basic questions but when I go into my local fishing store, they have time for me.

4) Out of stock stuff

Edited by scuro

Either way I think its great that BPSBASSMAN is here to answer all our questions and back up his store (not typical for retail sales associates), hope to have a chat with you sometime when I'm in the store! O yea how come you guys never have screw in worm weights? :lol:

-Ben

Edited by Ben_Daniels