Kawartha flooding

fishnsled

CRAP....lol

Our cottage is on Stoney, which mean that the lake must be pretty darn high right now too.

Which means that my father-in-law might not be able to put the dock in just yet...WHICH means no boat...WHICH means no crappie fishing!

Water level dropped about 4" on Sturgeon Lake last night, looks like the worst is over for our area but we are pretty high up on the Trent System, (Third lake down from Balsom which is the highest). All this water has to be going somewhere! Checked out the dam last night again and there are still very few walleye up compaired to this time other years, I think the spawn is going to be about 1-2 weeks behing normal from what I have seen. Could make for fantastic fishing or a real bust!

CRAP....lol

Our cottage is on Stoney, which mean that the lake must be pretty darn high right now too.

Which means that my father-in-law might not be able to put the dock in just yet...WHICH means no boat...WHICH means no crappie fishing!

Stoney is dropping now. It will still be higher than normal, but its crested and now receding. All the docks I saw today were underwater, or floating downstream. Rice lake is getting full now......all the marina's there without floating docks are underwater too......

I spent the day sandbagging cottages around campbellford/hastings today. The Trent river is pumping 750 cubic meters per second at the dam.......in other words.......a $h!tload of water!!

Its expected to rise another foot in the next week.

If anyone has some time, and a strong back, they need manpower to move all these sandbags, and trucks to get them on location.

I'm beat, dirty, sunburnt and hungry.......but It sure makes you feel good to know you've helped out some people who REALLY needed it. Just today, we managed to save 4 properties.......and we only had about 20 guys to move the bags into place.......we worked our arses off though.

So much for yard work tonight.......I'm gonna put the graph on the boat, and go fishing with my son tomorrow.

Sinker

The Tri-Lakes are still on the rise...most of my neighbour's docks are under water (along with my firepit), some were re-arranged by the departure of the ice on Wednesday and I have to wait to flip my dock into the water. Apparently the water is still supposed to rise another 6" by Monday and then start to recede...