Pike Tournament- May 10

steverowbotham

Hey everyone, just letting you know that I will be holding a fun tournament on Lake Couchiching on pike opener, May 10.

Entry Fee: 50 per team, 10 for big fish

Limit: 3 fish, total length (not by weight). No minimum size limit.

No Live Bait, Artificial lures only

Trolling is permitted

Launch: Orillia Town Docks (Simcoe and Couchiching are open for angling)

Blast Off: 7:00 am

Weigh In: 3:30 pm

100% Payback

We are expecting about 10 teams as of now.

Please try to be there and register by 6:30 so we can blast off by 7am.

Let me know if you are interested

I knew you would use a measureing devise , what i was getting at was will this be a catch and keep or can I measure and let go ?? I dont like eating pike much ( a small one now and than , but not the 3 biggest I caught that day) ?? I hope Im not comeing across like a pita guy , I have nothing against keeping and eating fish just for me not pike (muskies and steallhead only lol )

With my pike luck they will have no problem fitting in my live well (thats if I even catch 1,never mind 3 ) Im trying to work the time out with my son but I like this Idea of makeing the day a little more interesting with a little friendly competion, I will pm if things work out and hopeing to see ya there . B

Why not a quick pic with a measurement and release the fish? No need to keep them in the livewell any longer then they have to.

We will have one person doing all the measurements. These are the rules of the tournament, if you like them, fish it, if you dont, then dont.

We will have one person doing all the measurements. These are the rules of the tournament, if you like them, fish it, if you dont, then dont.

Not my tournament, not my rules. Just a simple suggestion to put more live fish back into the lake.

Good luck, I hope you have a decent turn out.

These are the rules of the tournament, if you like them, fish it, if you dont, then dont.

Im thinking it would be great fun, but just need a better idea of how to transport the fish. Not all of us have a 50in livewell, you know? I just don't get how you're supposed to fit a 30+in fish in a small space like that and expect it to live?

Not my tournament, not my rules. Just a simple suggestion to put more live fish back into the lake.

Good luck, I hope you have a decent turn out.

You could always run and gun the fish to the wieghin then realease right away.The lakes not that big,so putting a big fish in a small well that has water pumping through it should not hurt the fish. IMO

Good on ya for organizing this Steve,

Since I have no issues with the rules, I'm looking forward to the event.

Will PM you for sure.

Steve you will go nuts trying to change rules to accomodate everyone.

Just leave it to best judgement...If the livewell is too small - fish somewhere else.

Hookset.

Steve you will go nuts trying to change rules to accomodate everyone.

Just leave it to best judgement...If the livewell is too small - fish somewhere else.

Hookset.

I don't know that anyones trying to change rules. Im just asking what kind of...whatever man.

If the livewell is too small, fish somewhere else? Why not.

Maybe I'll go to Couch and try to catch some pike regardless. But if my livewell is too small, I should fish another lake, because my live release tools aren't enough. I really should have a bigger livewell in order to fish Lake Couchiching. Great idea.

Good luck with your tourney, Steve.

These are standard tournament rules, with pictures there will always be controversy. Having a weigh in (or measure-in) is the simplest way to do it. Live release pike tournaments happen every year. I have a 30 inch livewell but on the angle, it's about a 35 inch livewell and fits a 38 inch pike just fine. I've never seen a pike over 38 inches weighed in out of Couchiching yet. Not saying it couldnt happen, but these rules are standard. If they dont appeal to you, then I'm sorry, maybe a pike tournament is not for you.

I don't know that anyones trying to change rules. Im just asking what kind of...whatever man.

If the livewell is too small, fish somewhere else? Why not.

Maybe I'll go to Couch and try to catch some pike regardless. But if my livewell is too small, I should fish another lake, because my live release tools aren't enough. I really should have a bigger livewell in order to fish Lake Couchiching. Great idea.

Good luck with your tourney, Steve.

Yer' right Jigger, saying go fish somewhere else wasn't correct. What I should have said was fish for "something" else.

Hitting "send" as I run out of the office was a mistake before proof reading. My Bad sorry.

Hookset.

Edited by Hookset