• closed face reel
  2. 2. What is the best reel for accuracy casting

• some choice I never thought of
    • low profile baitcaster
    • large profile baitcaster
    • spinning reel
    • center pin
    • closed face reel

Used to love watching casting competitions , NEVER SEE anyone useing spinning gear or any kind of bait casting reel with a braking system on them , just free spool and fly when it came to distance and all thumbs when you wanted to drop it right in the middle of the target. Tho I do know a women , who has a disabilty and has use of only one hand and she was deadly accurate with a closed face reel ,only one I ever saw useing one in a competition.

I am alot more accurate with my baitcaster then I am with my spinning outfit.

As far as overall distance? To many variables if you ask me.. I would most likely pick a low profile baitcaster with a vented barrel.

Got two Shimano Calcutta TE 100 DC's , and they are the best I have ever had. great for distance, long or short, can set anyway you want. Also have Stella reels and they are superb.

80748.jpg

Shimano Calcutta TE DC Round Baitcast Reels

Advanced digital circuitry creates the ultimate long-cast, and the patented Super ,,Stopper? technology helps to reduce backlash! ,,,,Can you imagine flipping a shallow stumpfield from 50' away? Or covering a dropoff as long as a football field with just one cast? The revolutionary Calcutta TE DC is here! With 10 precision anti-rust ball bearings, an aircraft-quality A7075 aluminum Lo-Mass? Drilled Spool, and Super Free? high-speed gearing, this remarkable reel can exceed 30,000 rpm on the cast. That's 70-75% more spool rotation than conventional cast control systems, which translates to casting distance like you've only dreamed of before -- or the ability to use far less effort when executing a traditional cast. Its water-sealed digital circuit board collects the electromagnetic energy created during freespool, then uses it to power the Digital Braking System as the cast is completed. An external dial lets you select one of 8 pre-programmed braking patterns. With up to 10,000 braking updates per cast, your lure flies smooth and far, with almost no chance of a backlash! Equipped with all the goodies: aluminum frame/side-plates, High Efficiency Gearing? with oversized Super Duralumin main gear, Super Stopper? instant anti-reverse with Assist Stopper backup, and click-adjustable Dartanium? drag.,,,, Line recovery in inches per handle turn.

Some of my casts require only a flip of the rod tip to get my line to where I want it to go. I can't ever remember wishing I had more casting distance than I have. If I can't reach where I want to cast, I get closer. That's why I bought a boat. Since I use spinning gear exclusively, I'm most accurate with that. And I'd guess that those that use other types of setups are more accurate with the the setup that they use most often.