E-Licence

GBW

Hey folks.

Question for you all here.

When I renewed my fishing licence on-line I got an "E-Licence" that I was told to print. Am I going to get a sticker too? Just wondering as I renewed back in Jan and haven't seen anything yet.

Why am I asking now you wonder? Well the MNR guy that cam up to me on Sunday asked for a licence and I showed him both the paper and the card. He wasn't sure if I was valid. I know I am but I want to know if I am getting a sticker as we all know paper doesn't play well with water...

Anyone from the MNR here please help, thanks...

Geoff

I get my card online as well. The paper with your old card is legal i've been checked several times with the combo and there was no questions asked. It took me a long while to get my card...giving them a call wouldn't hurt.

-R-

I'm in the same boat, Geoff. Got my e-lic. last November, a 3 year sportsman's which is good till Dec 31st 2010. My card needed renewing at the same time. I got my card about 3 weeks later sans stickers. Now I have this very fragile paper to protect for 3 years in the rain?

I also have the hassle of having to carry a piece of paper around. A CO checked me recently and he didn't say anything.

I guess the CO that came up to us hadn't seen one before... <_<

That's not good at all for you Roy! I guess I better go find the packing tape and try and self laminate this page... :wallbash:

I ask the ministry rep's at the TO sportsmen show about my card taking for ever to show up, he gave me a card with a 1 800 toll free number to call. For fishing and hunting licence info call 1-800-387-7011. I received my card shortly after the show so I never did call the number. But I hope this helps some of you guys still waiting for yours. Rob

Tks Alumacraft for the #.

See, I have my card and it's good till 2009 but the lic. was only good for 2007. So I did the e-lic. thing and I am now stuck with no 2008 sticker and just print out... Ahh hell. going to get the packing tape now to protect it... tks all and feel free to keep on posting more info.

Does anyone here work for the MNR and feel like saying something? If so, please do...

Ok fellas. As you can see there is 3 spots filled. My 3-year small game, 3-year fishing and last years deer. Those spots ARE your stickers. My card expires after the 3 years are up. You wont need or get any other stickers.

IMGP1812.jpg

-R-

Edited by Ramble On

So I just spoke to Jason at the MNR and he said "when you do an e-lic. on-line a sticker will not be mailed out so you must keep the paper". So for those of you looking to save time and do the e-lic. don't unless you want to cary the paper with your card. Go get the sticker from a store...

So I just spoke to Jason at the MNR and he said "when you do an e-lic. on-line a sticker will not be mailed out so you must keep the paper". So for those of you looking to save time and do the e-lic. don't unless you want to cary the paper with your card. Go get the sticker from a store...

Great... I was hoping for the sticker.

Wow! Glad I was too lazy to fill out the form myself online and went to the corner store, gave them my outdoors card and they gave me a sticker. I am glad I have a sticker because I would definitely lose the paper. You guys that are stuck with that might want to try taking your paper into a bait shop or place where you get licenses and see if they will give you a sticker for no charge. It's worth a shot because that's gonna be a pain in the :asshat: .

No sticker will be mailed for a one year license renewal. I'm in the same boat.

As for doing to go to a "store to get your sticker option" it wasn't an option in early January as the Ministry did not have the stickers out to the retailers yet (tried that) at the start of the year. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: All so I could go icefishing.

So I also have to carry the paper printout for the year. :angry:

the paper isnt forever....it's until your card comes in the mail.

Yes it is, well sort of. The paper is good for as long as your did the e-lic. for. that's what i was stating all a long after i found out 100% from the MNR today.

so mod's and admin's can close this and state the following.

if you did your e-lic. as a renewal then you better go stock up on ziplock bags or do something else to save that paper you now have as a lic. an e-lic. is just that, an electronic way to save the mnr on funds, you time but saves nobody the pain in the :asshat: if lost....