Polarized Glasses

jjcanoe

Which colour do you prefer?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. I like.......

• Amber
    • Grey
    • Are there other colours

One colour won't cut it when it comes to your eyes.... My glasses came with three sets of lens the colours are amber, grey and vermillion. If you have intense sunshine you use the grey, lower level sun the amber and the vermillion stay in the case till I figure out what they are for LOL.

Another note about sunglasses and being out on the water. It doesn't hurt to take a quick look at the sky every now and again without the glasses on. I've found that some of those sunglasses that "brighten" up or make things "sharper" tend to also disguise the light conditions or weather changes. You don't want to be far from home and realize that a storm has come up.

Vermilion is an orangeish red.

Grey and amber are apparently the 2 most common colours. I didn't realize that there are a lot of other shades of shades. I've got a set of amber and also grey, the amber I keep in the truck for driving and the grey I use for fishing and driving my car.

jjcanoe

I have amber and gray, I used the amber (Angler Eyes) on the open water in lake Ontario last season and they worked very well. If I didn't have them I would not have lasted vary long in the intense light that the sun was causing when bouncing back off of the haze.

I don't have any specific "fishing glasses". I use the same ones I drive with. I think they're Foster Grants from Wallymart. Is that why I don't catch any fish? If not, it's a great excuse. I lose or wreck all mine anyway so I can't see paying a couple hundred bucks for glasses to sit on.