Navionics Gold Chip For Quinte ?

lew

Mornin boyz, I'll be buying a Navionics chip for my new, and 1st, GPS unit in the next little while and have a couple questions for you.

I understand from friends that the gold chip will serve my purposes quite nicely, but then someone mentioned a gold plus.......Is there a difference between the gold & gold plus ??

Does the gold cover Quinte ??

I know there's a Platinum coming out and does anyone have any idea how much it'll cost, and will it be worth the extra $$$$ to get it over the gold ??

I stopped into JB's this morning and was told the Gold Plus chip is only for the color units and I'll need the Classic chip for the monochrome X-17

Strange thing though, he said the Classic is the same price as the Gold.....$275......it would seem to me the chip with less detail should be worth less money :dunno:

Will show all the bumps around your little island ;)

David aka Superdad

You remember that little island, do you David ??.....it still holds plenty of springtime pickeral even after all these years ;)

Oh great! More gagets in your boat for the May 24 weekend. Pretty soon I wont have a place to sit.

:lol:

Hmmm, time for a bigger boat?

I don't have a GPS but would like to get one, it would be very handy in unfamiliar waters, and esp. to mark spots.

Looking for landmarks and watching the sonar can work but not always...

Mike

if you go to the navionics website you can see the different chips and the areas that they cover,the platinum chip for navionics is number 901xl,it cover alot of ontario,from about sudbury down,the other chip#900xl does the rest as well as 3 great lakes the 901 covers lakes o,erie,georgian bay and some of huron,go check them out

I run the 17M and the LMS 480M as aswell. They run on the Navionics Gold XL3 chip not the Classic. For Quinte and all the Trent with the 901G Eastern Great Lakes. Give Fishing World a call in Hamilton that's where a few of the board memebrs and myself have picked them up. You can also wait for the shows in Toronto and pick one up there as you can talk to the reps right there.